SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
open_eyes84

Potting My First Citrus Tree!

open_eyes84
15 years ago

hmm. first off i suppose i should ask a crucial question in regards to said citrus tree....does anybody know how big a Lemon Drop lemon tree gets? I've purchased for it a 22" diameter and about 2' deep glazed terracotta pot to transplant it into, and am wondering if, ultimately, its going a be big enough to be a permanent home. the reason i've chosen a pot is that my mothers three lime trees (in the ground) seem stuck in a cycle of freezing every winter, and slowly recovering just in time to freeze again. given this i prefer having the option of moving my lemon drop inside should the need arise. Is the pot i've purchased going to be big enough? third question....it has about 7 lemons on it currently. none of the plants i've planted this year have even looked inclined to go into shock, but i've never dealt with citrus before. If i pot it, will there be any adverse effects to the fruit? Last question...it is currently in the pot i bought it in, and i've watered it with an miracle gro mix shortly after i purchased it...maybe tuesday? anyway, i have some citrus tree fertilizer spikes. when i transplant it, can i use one of those in the pot?

all in all i'm not too much sure about anything, as i've been gardening a total of about three weeks. ANY advise would be appreciated!

thanks,

Katie

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Integrity Woodworking Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry Professionals