SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
givelittle_getlots

POTD: Andrew's Gold made it!!!

givelittle_getlots
14 years ago

Good Morning

I sure hope some of you get to sleep in.

Some of you get to play in the dirt.

Most of us will have time with family and friends together over the WE.

We will. Even though it will not be to much on a happy note. For it is the farewell ceremony for my son's company to leave for Iraq. But it is part of life and God will hear from me everyday to add him to the people to keep safe.

But DH, DH and I will leave for Houston in the Afternoon. So tomorrow is not going to be a picture, since we are in Houston. Ceremony is at 11 am and we just do not want the stress of making it on time on Sunday. So we make a fun Oma (grandma) and Opa (grandpa) day with Maddy.

Well, since I am not going to be here tomorrow...I guess I can blabber a little more rofl.

Let me show you first what made my entire brug season:

{{gwi:561247}}From POTD for October 09

Andrew's Gold!!!!

For all the newbies who do not know the story: I LOVE Andrew's Gold.

First I bought it...one or THE 1st Brug ever.....because my DH's name is Andrew.

But when it grew into this beautiful plant...and OH MY GOSH...the COLOR>..the SHAPE>....the TENDRILS....But most of all that SCENT. I tell you I have not another one like it.

So when this one froze during winter storage and I really did not know if he makes it or not...I was devastated !!!

For the hybridizer, Brenda Delph is not in Business anymore. What a loss :-(

Most of the summer I was trying this and that to make him GROW at least SOMETHING. I dug him out and saw that the rootball was rotting away...affecting the stem. Broke the one half of the plant away and with just the other half of the now really open wounded stem...replanted him in a smaller pot.

It worked. He grew. He but on buds and yesterday in the afternoon the 1st one opened!!!!

OH WHAT A GLORIOUS MOMENT!!! If ever I am just keeping ONE Brug...this one is it!!!

Oh yeah I forgot...he also was the ONLY brug..who bloomed ALL SUMMER LONG. Regardless of the heat!!! And his blooms last 4FR!

I mean common...he is PERFECT!!!! But that is about all this Andrew and my DH have in common roflmao

and just like with Lemon Meringue...I do have the list on whom I promised a piece of him. It just seems like neither one of them are willing to give me cuttings this year. The LM one's I took a while ago...all rotted :-(

Well I leave you with so much joy and love in my heart and in this message now...that it should last through the WE for us all :-)

Hugs

Lucy

P.S.after seeing the picture I remembered to mention that the color will darken more and when he bloomed in fall last year...it almost turned orange

Comments (11)