SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
puddle_of_mud

Amethyst Falls Wisteria

puddle_of_mud
17 years ago

I had two very large white wisteria vines growing across both sides of my fence and across the top of the arbor over the gate. I searched and researched many different techniques to force this monster to bloom. For eleven years (11) (E-L-E-V-E-N years) my wisteria grew, and grew, but NEVER bloomed, (except once on one little branch, near the middle, five little clusters happened about three years ago - what up with THAT?!) so I ripped it all out, every little speck of it went to the burn pile. I replaced those two with Lady Banks roses.

I've said all that, to tell you that I have now purchased another wisteria vine. This one is called Amethyst Falls and it's supposed to be a repeat bloomer. It's got one little cluster on it now and another one forming. It says it produces beautiful fragrant, lavender-blue flowers in late spring into fall, and that it's an improved and restrained wisteria that requires minimal maintenance compared to other wisteria.

Anybody know this wisteria personally? I want to put it on the arbor that covers my deck. Will this be a good spot for it?

I welcome ANY comments, THANKS!

POM

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville