SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
schmilk

Baby Jade Tree and Owner Needs Help

16 years ago

Hello...just had some free time on my hands and wanted to start helping our little Jade tree grow to the best it can. It was given to me and my fiance about a year ago and has been getting a little droopy. We have never pruned anything and put it out on the porch (north facing) alot, otherwise it sits in my computer room which is east facing.

Sometimes our kitties like to chew the leaves :( But they havent been doing that much.

Im curious if i should trim those very large leaves at the bottom and if so how?

The 'substance' that it is in is unknown, but also photographed and its dry in there. It FEELS like the white chunk is fertilizer, and it seems there is a mulch material mixed with the soil. I dug out the corner to see if it was just on the top or not. The 'stuff' goes all the way through I think.

Its probably 10 inches tall and was starting to fall over towards the window so my fiance stuck the sticks in to help it and I like to rotate it every few days.

The stem going straight out should be trimmed, but iti si growing with a leaf at the end, so should i trim that too? And how? knife? scissors? force?

So here are some pictures...Looking forward to hearing back, there are some very nice plants here while browsing throgh. :)

{{gwi:588859}}

{{gwi:588861}}

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Preferred Architectural Firm | Best of Houzz Winner