SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
airedale4mom

My new 75yo jade plant

airedale4mom
15 years ago

Meet Silverina! She's about 75yo and rescued from the demolition of the last ranch land in our subdivision. She's named after a 33yo cow that lived on the property that all of the neighborhood kids used to feed carrots to through the fence. This property was right next to a strip mall! I saw the bulldozer take the old house down so asked if I could take the giant jade plant that was growing along the fence. Bulldozer guy didn't speak much English and I don't speak Spanish so this conversation was just a lot of gestures,, LOL! I did get a wide root ball but only about a foot deep. She lost humongous branches when the dozer knocker her over and then more on her journey in and out of my van, into the wheelbarrow and into her final pot. It took 3 guys to move her, no idea of what she weighs. Click the link for another view from different angle.

Unfortunately, the week she lost her home it was 107 degrees here in So. CA and a lot of her broken branches dehydrated, shriveled, etc. I have faith that she'll survive and thrive but it's going to take time. She's in a 25gal. pot and it was a tight fit!

Trunk at bottom is 25in around! I've started lots of cuttings for the neighborhood kids to have a remembrance of the old cow property. Six teen girls at my daughter's Bday party Monday will be go home with little jade plants : )

{{gwi:588276}}

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:588270}}

Comments (39)