SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kpev7hard_gw

Meyer Lemon Dropping Fruit

kpev7hard
15 years ago

I have researched past threads regarding Meyer Lemons but I don't feel like any of them really addressed the problem I'm having.

I have had this Meyer Lemon for 2 years. I keep it outside during the growing season and bring it in over the winter. Last winter and this winter it starts to bloom and gets tons of blooms. I also get a couple of lemons that start to grow, then they either turn black or shrivel up and fall off. I also lose some leaves, but I am more concerned about the lack of fruit.

The plant is about a foot tall and is in a clay pot with potting soil. It is in a south-facing window that gets sun for most of the day. I water it until it runs out of the bottom of the pot every time it dries out. I do not fertilize except during the summer when I use all-purpose miracle grow.

Any suggestions about what I could change to keep the fruit from dropping? Is the plant just too young to support fruit yet? I do not manually pollinate the plant, maybe that's the problem? Here is a picture of the plant now.

{{gwi:565672}}

Also, here is a picture of my dwarf lime that I just got last summer. It is getting its first limes. I have pollinated these for fear of losing them too!

{{gwi:565673}}

Comments (2)