SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lycheeluva

when can i expect next bloom flush

lycheeluva
16 years ago

I have a washington orange tree and a tangerine tree of unknown variety. I bought both trees about 2 years ago and they spent 8 months outdoors and overwinter indoors under a super spectrum lighing system. I bought the plants indoor in late November and within 2-3 weeks of coming indoors, the orange tree burst forth without about 200 blossoms and lots of new leaves. Unfortunately, none of them made it because someone closed the door of the room the plants were in and the orange tree overheated causing 90% of the blooms to drop. The other 10% gradually fell off each time I would move the plant to give different parts of the plant a turn directly under the light.

The tangerine tree on the other hand has had moderate leaf growth but only about 10 blossoms so far.

see pics below.

2qs-

1. can anyone suggest why the two trees which have been kept in identical situations would act so differently- the orange sent out 200 blossoms while the tangerine only 10.

2. the orange blossoms came out in early december and had fallen off by late december. when can i expect my next orange blossom flush?

the orange tree is blossom flush

{{gwi:126135}}

{{gwi:126134}}

the tangerine tree- at the right of the picture- hardly any blossoms-

{{gwi:126132}}

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living