SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
msjay2u

fast growing hedges, evergreen, fragrant and inexpensive wanted

msjay2u
14 years ago

Hi all

I moved into a house that had been empty for a few years. There was a row of hedges in the front that was totally out of shape and nearly impossible to trim so I wound up having someone come in with a bobcat and cleared them all out. Well now my property is on display to everyone who passes by. I would like to have some privacy. How can I plant something that would get full Northern sun, grows fast but not out of control and would grow no higher than maybe 5'? A flowering something or other would be great, a fragrant one even greater, evergreen fantastic. LOL I know that is asking too much. Oh and it should be able to be trimmed as I do not want anything getting out of control again and I like them kind of neat looking (but not boxy). I think my gardening trend is country romantic, rhododendrons, irises, azaleas etc. Nothing is in bloom yet but lots of stuff planted. Oh and I forgot it should not be something that is going to cost me an arm and a leg.

thanks so much guys.

I am new to this thread as I usually hang out in the farm forum. BTW...I am in the RDU area.

BEFORE THE WHOLE YARD LOOKED LIKE THIS:

{{gwi:570485}}

AFTER:

{{gwi:53663}}

Here is a link that might be useful: MY PLACE

Comments (31)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting