SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
meyermike_1micha

wierd story

meyermike_1micha
16 years ago

Here's something wierd....All my citrus at home are in a great enviroment..Warmth,great humidity,and grow lights. They are all doing cruddy, especially with bug issues. I brought one to work, put it infront of big windows, no humidity, DRY HEAT, and lots of sun.Sun from about 8-330 all day. IT IS THE ONLY TREE DOING WELL in my collection?? It even has several large oranges turning orange, that we eat, and no bugs!!! Two years in a row.Seems to me this tree likes to grow in a lousy enviroment all winter long until I bring it out in the spring. The only thing I do is water it 2x a week. Conclusion, if an orange tree doesn't get at least 7 hours of -SUN-light, in which that one does, there is no hope for growing them indoors for me, even if they get supplimental lighting and lots of humidity. This tree in the most driest of air seems to defy everything we are taught to believe..I am afraid to grow this one at my home..Lol I think lights and humidity also bring on pests!!Lol!!!!Have agreat day everyone:-)

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths