SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
meyermike_1micha

A wierd hydranga story!

meyermike_1micha
15 years ago

I have been trying to grow nikko blues for years in my yard.

I have great soil, very rich, loaded with worms and compost, and it stays evenly moist. In fact everything I grow does well....Except for these!

BUT, I could never get these stupid things to flower for me. Every year the old growth would die back after winter, and all I would get is leaves..For ten years...

My neighbors,an ederly couple told me they would love to have them after I told them I was going to toss them due to no poductivity in blooms.

Well they never spend a day out there in their yard. Their yard is full of weeds, very arid, hard as a rock, and never tended too. They didn't want to see them wasted.

So, I stuck them in their yard two years ago, and to this day, ALL THEY DO IS FLOWER!! What is up with this picture?

I watch them grow and flower profusely...One of the bushes now has over 30 buds on it and has gotten 3 feet wide. That thing is never fed. Never watered in their bone dry soil, and sits in the full sun ALL day...It is totally ignored, except when I walk by them to gauk at how well they are doing along my driveway in their yard.

I don't get it. lol

Comments (4)