SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
engispretta

Leaves falling off of Jade

engispretta
9 years ago

One of my jades isn't doing very well and I'm worried I might lose it. I got it in 2011 from Ikea.
It had been potted in standard Ikea potting mix, which I thoroughly removed from the rootball and replaced with a sandy soil mix for cacti and succulents that I bought from a plant show at a botanical garden, so I assume it's appropriate.
It has spent most of its time in a south facing window, but still hadn't been getting enough light and was pretty leggy. I trimmed it back in March before moving to a new apartment with a large terrace where it's been all summer. I didn't transition it to the sun very well, so a few of the leaves got burnt at the beginning of the summer, but it had been doing fine, I assume, until a couple of days ago.
I noticed that one of the main stems had sort of fallen over and the leaves were much lighter than those on the other main stem. When I examined it, all of the leaves started falling off, but just from that stem.
It had gotten a few days of rain a couple of weeks ago without drying out in between, so I was worried about root rot, but when I checked the rootball, everything looked fine. I'm not sure what could be the issue.
The other side looks fine, as far as I know, and they've gotten exactly the same treatment. I haven't been fertilizing this year. Any ideas about what the issue could be? I've attached some pictures of the plant post chop and what it looks like now.

{{gwi:551540}}

{{gwi:581695}}

{{gwi:551536}}

{{gwi:581696}}

{{gwi:581697}}

{{gwi:581698}}

{{gwi:581702}}

Comments (8)