SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
otisore

Should I Worry About My Meyer Lemon Tree?

ariel.s
10 years ago

Hello all,

I purchased a lovely Meyer Lemon tree from Armstrong Garden Centers about 3 months ago. In hindsight, probably not the best time of year to buy a citrus tree, but nevertheless I have it in a container outside in my front patio. Unfortunately, it's a north facing patio so for the past 4 weeks or so it's been getting VERY little sunlight, but that should be changing in the next few weeks. There are 2 main issues:

1) The leaves have been continually getting yellower from the outside edges inward towards the veins. I fertilize with EB Stone Citrus fertilizer once a month and other than that I am staying away from overwatering it. As is the case in many other areas it has been colder than usual where I live (in Los Angeles near the beach) but there haven't been very many evenings where temps have dropped below 50. Is the cold weather causing this and am I overreacting? I just ordered some Dynamite Citrus Fertilizer to supplement the feedings, but would LOVE any advice/thoughts from all of you.

2) The other issue is that even though the leaves are yellowing and falling off the tree is blooming like crazy! Initially, I was plucking the blooms off, but it just keeps blooming out of control. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

This post was edited by ariel.s on Fri, Jan 10, 14 at 13:25

Comments (10)