SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nannerbelle

Ideas for a LARGE trellis

nannerbelle
15 years ago

Many of you have read about my attempt to preserve my privacy on my acreage and my quest for ideas. One of the solutions I'm using is some very large trellis' in strategic locations to block certain views quickly. I've come up with a plan to use full size sheets of lattice and frame them and have an 8ft. to 10 ft. high trellis. I'm looking at choices for the planting on them. I don't want to incorporate anything into this "hedging" project that will be difficult to keep in check because I'm having to plant so much. Now don't think I'm crazy but I LOVE wisteria. I would like to use it with the trellis' but I don't want it all over the place. My only experience with it was when I was a child my Grandmother had it on a cedar tree in her yard. I know it will strangle a tree, so my thought is if it is confined to a trellis it may be fine. Has anyone used Wisteria and confined it to a trellis? How hard is it to keep under control? What other recommendations for a quick growing, trellis climber do you folks have? The area is full sun to partial shade I'm working with on most of them.

Comments (15)