SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
meyermike_1micha

What is your fave,for care+fragrance?How many stars for yours?

meyermike_1micha
15 years ago

I was wondering if anyone knew what kind citrus plant gives off the MOST frangrat flowers, abundant might I add and fruits of all.

What is your favorite citrus to grow for fragrance and fruit indoors?

Which one do you find the easiest to care for?

I find on my part, that the limes are stingy in flowers, yet whatever flower it gets, it always turn into fruit. The fruit appear out f nowhere,those sneeky things..

I have a ponderosa lemon that loves to give big abundant flowers and huge fruit, but not very fragrant unless you get up close to it.

Also, my lisbon lemon, I think it flowers but once a year, and what flowers it gets, a very weak fragrance.

My lemon meyer, the fincky one, boy that one can smack a punch when in bloom. TONS of flowers, very sweet fragrance from a mile away and tons of fruit. Probably a favorite for most,and would be mine ifit wasn't so darn finicky to grow indoors.

Then my oro blanco grapefruit. That one is so easy to grow. Always dark green leaves. Never drops a leaf, huge blossom, not abundant though, but intensly fragrant. If it only has 10 blossoms on it, my whole house smells great.

My navel orange...Perfect in every way. Tons of flowers,and fruit. Not finicky, if it gets alot of light that is, and georgous! Especially when I look at it outdoors in the summer. That one smells my whole house up in winter, and all my neighbors yards in the summer. Sweet juicy seedless fruit!

I love them all, but if I was to give a star rating for overall vigor, care for, flower production, frangrance, and fruiting I would rate my "navel orange" a 10!..:-)

Grapfruit.....9

Ponderosa.....8

Lemon Meyer.......7

Limes.....4

Comments (2)