SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
spoonplayer

Plants stolen in Charlotte!

spoonplayer
16 years ago

Oh my goodness, I just got off the phone with my sister who lives in Charlotte and received terrible news.

For over a year her neighborhood association has been raising money to have the two medians in their community landscaped. They are in the Verndale Farms neighborhood on the east side. The plants had been in less than a week and the neighborhood was still celebrating their success, when someone came in the night and stole their eight nandina bushes! They literally dug them out and carried them off!

I lived in New York City just south of east harlem and no one ever did anything but admire the plants I put out in front of our apartment building! I can't believe that someone would steal from the whole community like this. The neighborhood association now is going to spread the plants from one median over two medians to fill in the holes because their is no money to replace them.

I just have never heard of a crime like this. How could the thief possibly enjoy their booty - the nerve! If they knew how much effort went in to raising the money for the shrubs, well, I hope the guilt would keep them from sleeping.

What a shame!

Comments (13)