SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marklius

My name is Mark..& I am a CPholic...

marklius
14 years ago

So....

I got my first CP in May.

It was beginning to get hot out and i was trying to save AC money by keeping my balcony window open. Flies also used the window. I had alwasy wanted t Venus flytrap since I was a little kid (didn't we all?) so I ordered one online.

The plant I got was pretty small...WAY to small to catch a housefly. I began to do research online, and found that I could also probably raise Drosera...sarracenias....nepenthes....

Now...4 months later...I own about 30 CPs!

Just today....I bout about 50 more (15 of them baby VFTs for about $1 each)

I guess that NYC flies are super yummy, because all of my plants have been doing great (with the exception of a ping which seem to be hard for anyone to keep healthy).

On top of all this...I am now also a wingless fruitfly farmer! Believe it or not..I have found these suckers harder to breed than the VFTS, in a closed enviorment (don't want them to breed with the flying ones) which is several containers out on my balcony, with my CPs.

So...from 1 year ago...when i wouldn't have been interested in buying vegatables that were too fresh...I've gone to CP fanatic! (and fruit fly fanatic as well...did I mention i now have a turtle? he likes the FFs as too!)

Anyway...I guess that my point is that I have found growing CPs to be one of the most rewarding experiences of my life.

And if I have to have an addiction....CPs are def better than other addictions i could have taken up here, in NYC!

Cheers to all of you for your help and advice!

PS....Since I can't build an additional room onto my apt...what am i gonna do when I finally run out of room?!?! :D

CPs in NYC!

Mark

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County