SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bug_girl

Any Roses or Dahlias for San Francisco

bug_girl
17 years ago

I live about 3 miles from Ocean Beach in San Francisco, and I had completely given up on Roses. I was reading about roses that work in costal areas, and I am wondering if any rose can have good results in San Francisco. Yes, I did spray, but the fungal was just horrible. I spent all my time trimming away fungal damaged canes and leaves.

I am not expect great results, but something that would not depress me by having so much black spot and powder mildew. I have also given up on Dahlias, but would like to try one again. With limited room, I would only try to have just one of each, so they should be the most fungal resistance plants regardless of the color or any other consideration. I tried some non hybrid teas a few years ago, but they proved no better then the hybrid teas in terms of the weak canes caused by lack of sun and heat, and the fungal diseases.

If you had to pick the most fungal free plant, which would be your number one choice? Or should I just accept that I can't grow roses or dahlias without a fungal nightmare. I like to spray as little as I can get away with.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County