SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
akheadbanger

Wild CP's ( MI )

akheadbanger
18 years ago

Ok so those of u who have looked thru Cobraplants.com you know that theirs a place called Mud lake bog in MI I just got back from MI in that area. It was nice, and hears some pics from where i was from I know what the pitchers were but i cant identify the Pygmy sundews, The botonical garden near by the Mud Lake Bog, it was really cool to just see the pitchers and sundews just hangin out in the middle of the swamp, i kinda wish i had a permit to go out further into the bog and see all of them, it looked like some of the Female pitchers were still up making the seeds, by the way does n e one know how to sow, i dont think its that complicated, i Could probebly just sow them onto some soil and move some Sphagmum moss around... so the seeds can get a goodstart Sarracinea Purpurea seeds? (i orderd some) Ill post some pictures of what ive seen,

Hears The Bogg, it looks preaty normal untill you look closely into the Low shrubs

{{gwi:562178}}

Hears the pitcher plants they are just Jammed into each other, You can see one of the female Flowers to the left of the pic

{{gwi:562181}}

Hears the sundew thats growing happly with the Pitcher plants

{{gwi:562184}}

Can you identifiy the two difrent kinds of sundew, im not quite sure wich kind they are, i know for sure they are pygmy sundew, but just not sure what kind. The last pic of the sundew was more taller than the other one.

More round sundew

{{gwi:562187}}

More triangular sudnew

{{gwi:562190}}

Well I was hoping that the Botonical garden would do something with the fact that their were CArnivours plants their, they did have them growing, but none native to the area, I believe they had a D. Dichotoma and a D. Capenisis a nep ventricosa and some kind of lowland species, 2 Common VFT's, and a bladerwort.

the nep ventricosa was rather small, and their was a low land Nep that i cant quite identify it looks familiar.

{{gwi:562193}}

Well thats what ive done for the past 3 days, it was really cool i saw lake Erie or summin, and i think next year, around this time we are going up to the UP of MI where their are suposed to be TONS of CP's it should be realy cool. well other wise my Plants at homme Grew alot, sence the last time i see them i really need to get that INsecticide tho.

Later

Comments (9)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH