Houzz Logo Print
micyrey

Butterfly Seed Swap

Michelle Reynolds
16 years ago

hello

it looks like we have enough people to have a swap

here are the rules, sorry there is so many

I will be sure to post when I get everyones envies arive.

1. you can post a list of your most wanted seeds, I will try to send some of your wants

2. check other peoples lists for things you have.

3. you can mark clearly for whom your seeds are for if you want

5. send seeds in bubble envi, with your garden web name, return address lable and $1 or $2 for return postage. I will re-use your bubble envie there is no need to send two.

6. I will post when your seeds get here

7. I will ship out as soon as I can and post it. If you want delivery confirmation please send $.50 for it, I'm short on money of I'd just pay for it.

8. this is a straight swap you will get as many back as you send. please no more than 3 packets of any one

thing.

9. no old seeds, they will be sent back to you.

packets should have at least 15 to 20 seeds, any with only a few seeds or packets with only chaff will be sent back to you.

1. please mark clearly what the seeds are, I have gotten

seeds in swaps before and I could not tell what they

were. if I can't read what kind of seeds they are I

will send them back to you.

2. I'm sorry for all the rules but I want everyone to be

very happy with the seeds they get.

3. if you send host plant seeds please try to mark what they are a host for

we'll keep sign-ups open till oct. 12th and I would like to have seeds in by oct 30th.

I'll post a list of players later

thanks and

good night

michelle

Comments (89)

• sososleepy
    16 years ago

Hi Everybody. I just found this swap, and I'll have to bookmark it to go over more thoroughly later after I go through my yard to see if any of my other plants are in the mood to share seeds right now. I know I have extra Cassia Alata (candlestick cassia, Spanish Needles (great nectar WEED with burrs, I doubt if anyone wants it, but I love it because my butterflies do), and Broomweed. Email me the address to send them to please. I linked to my Spanish Needles page because no one had them listed; you can look at them to see if you want them.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://butterflies.heuristron.net/plants/spanishneedles.html

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    16 years ago

hello
    welcome sososleepy(me too LOL)
    I will send you the address in just a min.
    the cassia is a host for some skippers and sulfers, I would like some.
    linda - I will send you the address for her to send to, I know I will have extra milkweed(going to harvest some in Missouri tomarrow) and honey vine(creeping/vining milkweed) and lots of cosmos and I'm sure others will be sending extra stuff too. just be sure she sends postage and a return address lable.
    tracey - thanks for the info on growing the salvia I have never tried it before, I'll keep my fingers crossed
    michelle

• Related Discussions

butterfly seeds swap

Q

Comments (14)
    hello there is no need to send another bubble envie, I will re-use the old one. please don't forget return postage. don't send me your address I will send you mine, put your address in the envie send as many as you have, but please no more than 3 packets of each kind. if you have lots of extras and want to send bonus seeds for me to hand out, just write *BONUS* on the packet. there is no minnumun, if all you have are one kind of seed send three packets of them and you will get three or more (depending on how many send bonus seeds) kinds of seed back. I will send everyone my address about midway through Sept. please let me know if there are any other questions. thanks michelle
    ...See More

WANTED: butterfly/hummingbird seed swap

Q

Comments (0)
    I have a group butterfly hummingbird seed swap sign up in the seeds/round-robin forum.A great way to get a new things for next year. http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/roundrobin/msg081334516939.html?5
    ...See More

UPDATE: Seed To Seed Gardens 1st Annual Seed Swap

Q

Comments (3)
    Hi Todd Hess and family, I just wanted to post to say I am very sorry for your loss and you will be remembered in our prayers. I would like to trade sometime in the future but no hurries, its a hard time you are going through I am sure. My hugs to you and your family. Please take care of yourself and your family and know that you are in many thoughts. Pixie
    ...See More

butterfly gardens seed swap

Q

Comments (86)
    Thanks so much for hostessing Beth! I received some new varieties of milkweeds which I definitely plan to winter sow. One thing I've learned is that milkweed resents being transplanted so if you can, dedicate a small patch of earth to it, direct sow and cover very lightly with soil just enough so the seeds don't blow away, and ignore till spring, you may get a nice surprise! If you have problems with kitties scratching in your beds like I do push twigs/sticks in ground every 6in. or so, Then toss milkweed seeds, toss soil lightly to cover, leave till spring once the plants are up they will leave it alone, then I pull the sticks up.
    ...See More
  • tdogmom
    16 years ago

I do have some Passiflora seeds, if anyone is interested...I didn't include them in my package...

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    16 years ago

hi Tdog
    I would love some are they hard to grow from seed?
    I will find something to send you, it will be a surprise.
    thanks you very much
    michelle
    ps was looking through lists again and saw some seeds I would like if you have sent your seeds already don't worry about it
    partidge pea
    blue mist
    queenanns lace
    dwarf goldenrod

• butterflymomok
    16 years ago

Michelle,

I haven't sent my seeds, but I will stick in some extra partridge pea. And I'll also add some dwarf goldenrod seed.

I've included a few more than I listed, but am not going to have Sullivan's milkweed seeds to share. When I looked at the number of seeds I had, it was less than I thought.

I will also have

white buddleia seeds and maybe some other colors
    rudbeckia - host to Gorgones and Silver Crescents
    lead plant

And what ever else I find. It's been fun to gather the seeds.

Sandy

• kek19
    16 years ago

I haven't sent my seeds yet either, I have loads of QAL I can gather from. I'll collect some more.

• chelty2
    16 years ago

Michele,

I forgot to include these on my want list:

Dwarf or Little Joe Pye
    Dwarf goldenrod
    Lead plant
    Verbena bonariensis (sp?)
    Frogfruit
    Toad lily
    Bull Thistle
    Vetch

I will send Aristolochia fimbriata if it's ready, and others.

Thanks,
    chelty

• ghoghunter
    16 years ago

Michelle! I went through my seeds today and I think I really do have enough to participate. I hope it's not too late to change my mind. Here is what I have
    Bird House gourds_ night bloomers and great for moths
    Baptisia australis
    Vitex agnus castus - chaste tree blue
    Fennel
    Cleome pink
    Red Mexican Hat
    Orange Butterfly weed
    Tithonia
    Purple Liatris
    Delphinium

My wants would be for anything different that I don't already have!

Can I still play?

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    16 years ago

hello
    ghoghunter you can still play,
    I'll send you the address
    thanks for joining
    and to aggie who e-mailed she was joining, are you aggscott?? that is already on my list?
    thanks
    michelle

• sososleepy
    16 years ago

Hey Micyrey
    I haven't gotten an address to send the seeds to yet. I have Cassia Alata, host for Orange-Barred and Cloudless Sulphers in my yard, Spanish Needles, a weed with a burr that all sorts of butterflies love to nectar on, Broomweed, Sida acuta, host for Checkered Skippers, Desmodium, another vile burr, but also a skipper host plant so I keep some in the back corners of my garden (and I'm raising a caterpillar on it now; I can't wait to see what it becomes! Long-tailed is my best guess so far. There's a photo of the caterpillar on my Desmodium Host Plant page), and some Salvia, but the red, pink, and white are all growing together, and probably cross-pollinated, so I can't promise which one(s) the seeds will be. It's a nectar flower.

Tell me where to mail them to please.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://butterflies.heuristron.net/

• kizzyseeds
    16 years ago

Wow, I don't have time to read this entire thread, but I'm looking for purple Gerardia, red and blue Lobelia, the hairy balls milkweed, and definitely need False Nettle.

I just harvested Poncirus trifoliata 'Flying Dragon', which will come true (most of the time:) It's a hardy orange, called Seville Orange, but this is the contorted one, but being citrus should work for the Giant ST.???

I only have a dozen or so seeds. Sorry I don't have time to read this whole thread, but if anyone wants to trade, pls e me.
    Sharon

• kek19
    16 years ago

Evidently I planted some Shoofly (Nicandra physalodes) this spring and forgot about it. I read somewhere that it's another Sphynx Moth host plant and I have a few pods that are just turning brown, might be able to harvest some before I send out my seeds. Anyone interested?

Here is a link that might be useful: Nicandra physalodes

• aggscott
    16 years ago

HI all! I'll get my seeds all ready to go this week, I'm going to have to sit and organize them.

I can't really thing of anything big that I want-

1. I would love to try Orange Cosmos-they sound so pretty.

2. Something other than Wild Cherry for TST-we have one but it's gone beyond to tall for me to find anything.

3. Mexican Flame Vine-If it is anything like the Mexican Sunflowers, I love it! Mine finally grew, wow what a big, beautiful plant~

Other than that just send whatever, I'm not picky! Host plants, nectar plants, it's all good~

I have some Spicebush seeds and some Sassafrass seeds to send along, those are big ones for me to grow next year-I had so many Spicebush Swallowtails-I do miss them...
    I miss all the butterflies really :(

I hope everyone is doing well~

Aggie

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I receved seeds from 4 players today
    Tdogmom

1. aggscott - aggie

2. docmom - martha

3. mechellem - mechelle

4. myrna1221 - myrna

5. traceynj6 - tracey

6. kek19 -

7. shellfreak - beverly

8. ghoghunter - joann

9. butterflymomok - sandy

1. chelty2 -

2. susanlynne 48 - susan

3. bfern - Xreceved seeds

4. ggwrn - ginger Xreceved seeds

5. bluebirdms - sylvia Xreceved seeds

6. sososleepy

7. micyrey - michelle X receved seeds

sorry, if I forget any one else just thump me up side the head, and let me know
    tdogmom - these two ladies are sending seeds for us to
    MissSherry - share but they don't want any back, so lets
    all give them a big HUGGGGGG and a thanks you
    greats seeds so far
    thanks michelle

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    16 years ago

hello
    I got some more seeds in the mail, I also have a few more seeds I harvested please let me know if you want any
    iron weed - tall (4ft) bright purple flowers a fav. nector wild flower for the farm in MO.
    lots more common milkweed - pink
    buckeye tree seeds- only a few
    and fresh acorns - I just love oaks

1. aggscott - aggie

2. docmom - martha

3. mechellem - mechelle

4. myrna1221 - myrna

5. traceynj6 - tracey

6. kek19 -

7. shellfreak - beverly

8. ghoghunter - joann Xreceved seeds

9. butterflymomok - sandy Xreceved seeds

1. chelty2 -

2. susanlynne 48 - susan

6. sososleepy

thanks
    michelle

• ghoghunter
    16 years ago

I would love some buckeye seeds! My hummers would love a buckeye tree!
    Joann

• tracey_nj6
    16 years ago

I've been home sick for 2 days now. Yesterday I bagged up a bunch of seeds & today I'm going to go over this list & finalize. I'm going to do my best to have the seeds out by tomorrow morning!

• tracey_nj6
    16 years ago

From this thread and thru some trade lists, I was able to include specific things for certain people.

Here's what I know I don't need:
    Asclepias incarnata, syriaca, tuberosa
    Verbena
    Echinacea/coneflowers
    Rudbeckia
    Dill
    Parsley
    Buddleia

I could always use Asclepias curassavica. I currently have 2 monarchs nectaring on my 2 potted plants, and 2 more on my white buddleia. At least the AC blooms until frost for me, especially since all of my other varieties have gone dormant already. I wish I had some of my white buddleia to share, but for once, deadheading has come to bite me you know where. I can't believe how gorgeous it is outside right now, so close to Halloween. The chill down is coming though, & hopefully those 4 monarchs will be heading south!
    Even though I suck wintersowing cosmos, I think I'd like to try them, again. I see this one parking lot every morning with these tall, gorgeous reseeders. I know they're reseeders since they're growing through cracks in the pavement. And zinnia's too. Why can't I grow them from seed, but this lot has them all over? It amazes me.
    I guess I'll take whatever you might have a hard time getting rid of; I don't want to be too picky or greedy ;)
    I also don't need or want alot back; just whatever I might be able to use. Oh, maybe some false nettle and rue, if there are any extra. I don't know much about them, but I'd give them a shot. Other than that, I think I'm good.
    Thanks Michelle for doing this swap, and a special thanks to those just sending in seeds and not wanting anything in return. I should be one of those people; I need more plants like I need another hole in my head. DH often wonders why I wintersow sooooo many pots, yet b&m (complain) that I have no space left ;)
    Tracey

• caterwallin
    16 years ago

Darn it, I was thinking that I had until the end of the month to join in and I poked around thinking about it. Arg! Oh well, there's always next year. It looks like a lot of fun, and I think the people participating will have fun getting those goodie bags in the mail. :)
    Cathy

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    16 years ago

hay cathy
    if you can get your seeds in the mail this week you will still make it.
    let me know
    michelle

• caterwallin
    16 years ago

Michelle,
    Really??!! Oh yippee!!! Thanks! Here I was disappointed and you made my day now. I will mail my seeds no later than Friday. I have to do some of them yet (I mean get them out of the seed heads). For me, tithonia and purple coneflower are really hard to do and I really get jagged a a lot. Ouch! The others aren't bad at all.

Here's a list of what I can send:
    Pink Swamp Milkweed (most of the plants should have pink flowers; might have cross-pollinated with the white that I had planted with the pink, so I canÂt guarantee 100% pink).
    Butterfly Weed (orange)
    Tropical Milkweed  Scarlet
    Tropical Milkweed  Silky Gold
    Tithonia (ÂSundanceÂ)
    White Mallow/Malva
    Colored mallow (canÂt guarantee colors, as two types are planted together)
    Verbena bonariensis
    Purple Coneflower
    Orange Cosmos
    Dill

I wish I could also send rue seed, but my plants haven't given seeds yet. :(

Here's a list of what I'm looking for:
    Pink Pussy Willow
    Ptelea trifoliata (Wafer Ash)
    Black Cherry (Prunus serotina)
    Turtlehead (Chelone glabra)
    Meadowsweet (spirea)
    Angelonia angustifolia (Summer Snapdragon) seeds - annual
    Agalinus tenuifolia (Slender Gerardia) Â annual
    Verbena hastata
    Blazing Star Liatris
    Silver Brocade Artemisia (Artemisia stelleriana)
    Rock cress (Arabis NOT Aubrieta)
    Butterfly Bush (other than Black Knight, Claret Purple, Royal Red, or Pink Delight)

I could probably add a few more if I had the time to google host plants and read more about them. I've been trying to avoid plants that are invasive so as to have the garden as maintenance-free as possible if there is such a thing. :)

Thanks for letting me join, and you should receive a bubble envie from me early next week. I guess I already know where to send it to, as you had given me your address before. :)

Cathy

• chelty2
    16 years ago

Hi Michelle,
    I regret that I need to remove my name from this wonderful swap. Boy, I would love to have some of these seeds you guys are sending in. But current health issues prevent me from getting my seeds ready in time to mail. Drats!!
    Have a great swap,
    chelty2

• tracey_nj6
    16 years ago

I mailed out my seeds yesterday. At the last minute, I included a packet of "Blazing Star" Liatris, and I believe there's an extra packet of Verbena hastata, which would work for Cathy. I knew I should've added more, just in case. Heck, I might just have to send out another envelope ;)
    It's nice to have something that someone wants, and here I thought I'd only have only all too common seeds to send...

• kek19
    16 years ago

I sent my seeds out today. Unfortuantly, someone stepped on my ripening moonflower vine pod, so I wasn't able to gather those seeds :(

Karri

• caterwallin
    16 years ago

Woo hoo, Tracey! I don't know about anyone else (I had read the lists but can't remember all of those things), but I know I can certainly use those! Thanks for sending them in! You and I must think alike. I had been considering joining the swap but thought that I probably wouldn't have anything that anyone else wanted and they wouldn't have what I wanted and so I wouldn't bother. Then I thought about it some more and thought oh it would be fun though just to see what would happen, and I'm sure I'd get at least one thing that I needed. Then when I thought I couldn't join, I got disappointed, but it was my own fault for taking so long to make my mind up for sure. Since Michelle said I could join too, I'm sending my seeds in tomorrow. :) When I saw what you sent, I was really overjoyed! I just hope now that I have something that someone else wants.

I had started Blazing Star Liatris and Verbena Hastata earlier this year from seeds that I bought on ebay (don't think I'll be doing that again). The verbena never even came up at all. The liatris came up, but only 3 plants out of 16 made it through our drought. I would be really happy to get some seeds!

Cathy

• caterwallin
    16 years ago

Michelle,
    Does it matter what individual things we put the seeds in? I have a couple of those real small plastic ziploc things to use for maybe 4 of the kinds that I have, but I don't have enough for most of my kinds of seeds. I didn't know if I should just put each of the others in regular envelopes and seal them shut? I thought if you'd have to have access to them, they'd have to be open-able, but I have to seal the regular envelopes or the seeds will all come out. I have a dilemma. lol
    Cathy

• tdogmom
    16 years ago

I'll look to see if there are other seeds I have to offer...and again, I do not want anything in exchange. :)

CalSherry aka tdogmom

• butterflymomok
    16 years ago

Michelle,

If you need any seeds of different varieties, let me know. This was a year of abundance in my garden, and I have lots and lots of seeds. I have lots of Golden Crownbeard if you need more. I also have Wafer Ash seeds that I can send.

Sandy

BTW, I only expect 10 pkgs of seeds back. I just had so much seed that I ended up with more than 10 pkgs.

• sososleepy
    16 years ago

I finally found time to get to the post office, and I sent the seeds to you yesterday. They said you'd get them in two or three days (so one or two now). I'll pack them lighter next time! I enclosed a list of what each is and what it's useful for. I didn't enclose any cash because I don't need seeds back. If you ever get a paw paw seed that will grow in South Florida, I'll send you the postage to send it to me, but I think someone else asked for those first. I think most of them are on my host or nectar plant pages.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://butterflies.heuristron.net/plants/host.html

• bfern
    16 years ago

Hey Michelle,
    I wanted to remove two from my wanted list. I purchased some water hyssop online and got free false nettle and fennel seeds.
    You could instead surprise me with something that may grow in south Florida. I also have a small pond where I could plant water loving plants.
    Thanks
    Fern in Fort Myers

• tracey_nj6
    16 years ago

I had enclosed about 6-7 moonflower seeds (Ipomoea alba) that I was able to harvest. Normally it blooms late for me and I never get to harvest much seed, but this year it started blooming in August and I'm finally able to harvest. So, if anyone in this swap doesn't get any or enough (I recall 3 people wanting this seed), just bump me an email. Whatever I harvest I'll send out myself, when harvested. I just picked off 4 more seeds. I have a bunch of pods, and hopefully I'll get a few more seed before it frosts (they're predicting next week-boo hoo). I'm not going to waste valuable time and try to grow this one from seed again; it's just not worth not getting any blooms, or just 1, before frost hits. I'd rather spend the few bucks for an established vine in May; at least it has a chance of blooming for me. I'd rather give them to those that have better luck (and/or warmer zone) to grow them in...

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    16 years ago

1. aggscott - aggie

2. docmom - martha

3. mechellem - mechelle

4. myrna1221 - myrna

5. traceynj6 - tracey Xreceved seeds

6. kek19 - Xreceved seeds

7. shellfreak - beverly

1. chelty2 - droped

2. susanlynne 48 - susan

6. sososleepy Xreceved seeds no seeds back except paw paw

8. caterwallin

there are several people I have not heard from in a long time please let me know if you are still in, or if someone else has heard from them
    docmom
    mechellem
    myrna1221
    shellfreak
    thanks
    michelle

• mechelle_m
    16 years ago

Michelle,

I am listed 3rd on your list from 10/28. I was out of communication when the great seed swap was underway. Sorry I missed all the fun.

Mechelle

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    16 years ago

1. aggscott - aggie

2. docmom - martha

3. mechellem - mechelle DROPPED?

4. myrna1221 - myrna

7. shellfreak - beverly

1. chelty2 - droped

2. susanlynne 48 - susan

8. caterwallin - seeds on the way

dose anyone else have seeds on the way?
    michelle

• tdogmom
    16 years ago

Michelle,

I forgot to send some seeds! I've been so busy with testing (yes, testing KINDERGARTNERS! My district is insane-we test K kids every other month in reading) as well as with babysitting MIL and then helping my former student whose house burned down so...seeds were the last thing on my mind.

I will have the Passiflora caerulea seeds in the mail TODAY. In fact, I just put them in the envelope.

CalSherry

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    16 years ago

hello
    I have sent reminders to some of our missing players, I will wait for a few days to see if any of them show up then I will get the envies in the mail soon.
    I will keep you all informed of when I get them on their way.
    thanks michelle

• tracey_nj6
    16 years ago

Michelle; I won't be winter sowing for a few months, so I'm in no rush to receive seeds ;)
    Tracey

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    16 years ago

1. aggscott - aggie has dropped

2. docmom - martha

3. mechellem - mechelle has dropped

4. myrna1221 - myrna seeds on the way soon

7. shellfreak - beverly seeds will be on the way soon

1. chelty2 - droped

2. susanlynne 48 - susan

8. caterwallin - Xreceved seeds

dose anyone else have seeds on the way? it is still not too late docmom and susanlynne.

would you beleve it is 30 degrees out and we still have a monarch(inside) pupa. it should eclose soon, dose anyone know if it has a chance it make it south?

michelle

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    16 years ago

hello
    sorry to be so long in returning your seeds but I'm still waiting for the last few people, all the envies are addressed and most of your seeds are packeed. I will be sending them back on thursday wether or not I get more seeds in, the I will hold back enough extra seeds to swap with the late ariveles. I'm starting to receve boxes for my christmas swap and need to get the butterfly seeds on their way back. I dn't have much room and don't want to get butterfly swap seeds mixed up with christmas swap seeds.
    if there is any one that has not sent their seeds yet I'm sorry I will have to ask you to limit your seeds to 1 or two of each kind since I will end up doing a straight swap with you and I don't want lots of the same thing and I will have limited seeds to trade.
    thanks everyone
    michelle

• caterwallin
    16 years ago

Thanks for letting us know, Michelle. I won't be starting any seeds inside for awhile anyway since we can't put any plants outside around here (PA) until April 15 or so. I usually start mine the middle of February.

Your temps sound like ours here at my place. It's been getting down to freezing or below here at night. I have the same dilemma as you with a Monarch. I don't know how in the world it got in our laundry room when it was a cat but it obviously did because one eclosed on Friday that I didn't even know was there. I was watering plants and I saw something out of the corner of my eye. I looked and there was a Monarch hanging on its pupa that was attached to the underside of the one windowsill. Now I'm really glad that I brought in some tropical milkweed plants on one-gallon pots that I couldn't bear to see die with the freezing temps. There are at least half a dozen of them with blossoms, so at least it will have nectar. I haven't seen it fly at all. It just seems to walk around from one plant to another. It looks in fine shape like it should be able to fly. Maybe it doesn't see the point since all it has to do is walk from blossom to blossom. lol I'm upset that I have one this late because I'm afraid to put it outside because I'm afraid that it might die out there. After all, it was 26° here last night and I don't know if Monarchs can survive temps like that. Even if they could, what would they find to eat/drink being that I seriously doubt if anyone in my state has flowers outside that haven't gotten hit by frost in the past two weeks (it's been freezing almost every night here). I don't know how far they can fly without having nectar for energy. I pity this one because it's out there all by itself and it will never know a normal life. If I knew it had a pretty good chance of making it, I'd put it out. Before, I was against keeping them in the house, but now that it's this cold I feel I might be giving her a death sentence if I'd put her outside. I had tried to save some flowers from freezing but the plants got killed even though they were covered. I don't know what to tell you about your Monarch that will come out because I just don't know the answer. I hope someone here can tell us.

Cathy

P.S. Many thanks for doing this seed swap for us!

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    16 years ago

hello
    well the seeds are on their way back, I got an envie from Gray there was no gardenweb name so I'm not sure who this was but I got tem and swaped out your seeds and they went out with the rest this morning.
    please try to post when you get them, everyone got more seeds than what you sent with the one exception of some one that asked for less seeds back. thanks again for those that donated seeds for the swap, they were appritiated.
    have a great thanksgiving if I don't get back before then
    BIG HUGGGG to everyone
    michelle
    ps caterwallin - my monarch finaly hatched but it was very cold and raining that day, so I put him on some fresh flowers(don't ask where I had to go to get them) and the next day he would not fly so we kept him in the house the a few more days and he still would not fly, finaly yesterday I found him dead in the flowers I got for him. so I think there was something wrong with him from the start. but he realy had no chance of migrating this late.

• shellfreak
    16 years ago

Michelle-

Gray is me. Sorry. I thought I put my GW name on it. Can't wait to see the goodies. Thanks again for doing this.

Beverly

• caterwallin
    16 years ago

Michelle, First and foremost, I'm very sorry to hear about your Monarch not making it. You did the best you could and at least we try. I don't think mine will make it much longer. It crawls around on the milkweed plants I have inside but can't fly and it really has a rough look to it. I'm actually surprised it made it this long. I hope this doesn't happen again that I get such a late Monarch. I'd rather that the egg hadn't even been laid because a Monarch can't make it to Mexico at this late date and can't reproduce and well, I don't know if they're miserable when we bring them in like this, but the more I thought about it, I couldn't stand the thought of putting it out in the cold because I know it would have frozen to death.

I think we're all looking forward to seeing what goodies you sent us and we'll probably be running to the mailboxes the next few days. ;-) Thanks again, and you have a nice Thanksgiving too!

Cathy

• kek19
    16 years ago

I got my seeds yesterday. Thanks

Karri

• ggwrn
    16 years ago

Michelle,

I received my seeds today. Thank you for all of your hard work organizing the swap and separating and mailing the seeds out to everyone.
    And many thanks to everyone that sent in seeds. I can hardly wait until spring to have all of these great plants growing in my yard. I'm sure I will have twice a many butterflies as I had this year. This was a great swap! Thanks again for all the great seeds.

Ginger

• shellfreak
    16 years ago

I got my seeds yesterday and OMG an early Christmas gift. Thank you so much for all the seeds. My husband was amazed at the variety. Happy Turkey Day everyone & I can't wait to see pics of everyone's plants.

Beverly

• tracey_nj6
    16 years ago

Wow; what a variety I received; I can't possibly grow everything! I'm such an idiot though; I didn't mark what each may have been a host for; my apologies!

Michelle; thanks for organizing this swap, and thanks to everyone for sending such a nice variety.

Safe & happy holidays to everyone!

• ghoghunter
    16 years ago

Michelle

I haven't received my seeds yet and I am starting to worry. I was so hoping they would have come yesterday. The anticipation is killing me! Am I the only one still waiting?
    Joann

• ghoghunter
    16 years ago

Well Glory Be!!! My seeds FINALLY came today. I wonder what the Post Office was doing with them all this time? Thanks everyone for such neat seeds. I am Happy Happy Happy now!
    Joann

• reginaaginar
    16 years ago

I stumbled upon this great thread today. Wow! What fun I seem to have missed! I wish I could have been part of it.I am new to this forum. May be next year!! Have Fun!!!!!!!!!
    Regina

Sponsored
Urban Upkeep LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Franklin County's High Quality Painting Expert