SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hunterkiller03

Carnivorous plants sold at drug store.

hunterkiller03
16 years ago

Hi there,

Today I bought 4 plants from WalgreenÂs Drug Store, kinda surprised they were selling them. They are selling Venus Fly trap, D. binata, D. capensis which seem to be the narrow leaf variety, D. adelae, D. spathulata. D. nidiformis, S. purpurea, Nepenthes Judith Finn, and finally a Pinguicula hybrid.

Well I bought 2 D. binata which the nursery calls all the sundews octopus plant, 1 N, Judith Finn and one Pinguicula hybrid which they call starfish plant. By the way the nursery packaged, the information sheet and pictures, and the way they named the plants, the nursery selling them is plantsforkids.com.

Surprisingly this nursery has a decent collection of plants

What I am interested is, do any of you know what hybrid ping they are selling? The plant is quite succulent so I know it is crossed with a Mexican ping. The site has a good picture of the butterwort they are selling. But I donÂt dare post their picture here; I may violate copy right material.

Usually I donÂt like to purchase unidentified plants but they look so beautiful, couldnÂt help myself. I already sent them an e-mail but I doubt they will respond. So do any of you know what the Pinguicula hybrid they are selling? Any response will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments (4)

Sponsored