SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greenjewels

HELP! I have 10 fat Monarch cats!!

greenjewels
16 years ago

I am in shock--keep in mind I'm new at Butterfy gardening. I haven't seen a Monarch for a couple of weeks. Thought they were gone til next year. Haven't seen any tiny baby cats for awhile either.(Guess I'll get my eyes checked now!) Imagine my shock just now when I went to investigate something moving on milkweed and discovered several huge cats. Two have moved to the asparagus fern in a pot next to milkweed. Two were on the ground and I picked them up with a leaf and put on milkweed. My poor plants are stripped except for a small patch of leaves right at the top of each stalk. I only planted 4 plants! I'll know better next Spring. YIKES--I just went back outside and I have THIRTEEN on the milkweed. Two were having a battle over a leaf and another was at the top of an empty stalk. I moved him to a stalk that had the most leaves on it although there is already a cat there and not a lot of leaves. What in the world do I do?? If any of these manage to get enough to eat and don't die will they still form a chrysalis? Our weather has been in 50's at night but warms up to 70's during the day.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations