SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
silverlaker_gw

Plants That Trigger Fond Memories

silverlaker
16 years ago

After responding to the thread by the poster who had grown a new lemon tree from a seed I was transported. I had replied with my very happy memories of a beloved grandfather and his (im)famous orange tree (the one he was so proud of but prolifically produced nothing but very sour oranges), I spent the rest of the day laughing to myself and enjoying wonderful memories of my grandfather.

The famous sour oranges that only he dare ate (out of determined pride...and only when we were watching - grandma would betray) while all us kids would laugh and laugh. Happy days of climbing that tree at my granparents house. The smell of the thousands of orange blossoms on a warm spring L.A. night through the window in sheets that grandma always dried out on the line specially for us because we loved the smell. Grandpa substituting his croquet ball with a big sour orange.

Anyway, today was such a pleasant day because of the wonderful memories that I thought I would start a thread asking others what plant did the same to trigger happy memories in their life.

Comments (5)