SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ilovecacti_grower

new to lithops need advice please!

ilovecacti_grower
13 years ago

Hey people, ILC here uh well just got back from home depot.....the only place near me that sells cactus and succulents OTHER than prickly pear and golden barrel....so i just bought a lithop or a pot with two APPARENTLY there "stone faces" thats all they say so latin name or anything first off you can see where there were like atLEAST two others that died but anyway there no bigger than a dime/nickel and there taller than they are wide since there are dead ones im assuming the soil needs fixing so if someone feels like it can they compile a list of stuff to mix a good soil the most i do is 1 part "cactus mix" to two or three parts perlite but anyway another thing that scares me is water....i dont want to kill them so how and how often do i water them? right now there soil is bone dry...anyway there kinda grey or blue and on the very top rather green? i would post pictures but im on a laptop and photobucket isnt working on here so later ill ATTEMPT to post pictures (maybe off flickr Ect.) so for now please make do with what ive explained and let me know if you need any more "specific" information

thanx,

ILC

Comments (13)