SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ealdwood

Alcohol vs spidermites, dried brown patches around joints

ealdwood (10a)
9 years ago

Hi!
Does anyone know what those brown patches around the joints of my cotelydon/crassulae (I'm not sure which..)succulent plant are? Is that a bad sign?

The story:

I bought these two succulents from a nursery recently, brought it home, repotted them together with mixture of cacti/succulent soil/normal potting soil. Placed a few rocks in the soil to hopefully help the soil stay dry because pot doesn't have holes on the bottom.

Found out one of the succulents (both?) had spider mites. (AAHHH!) Used isopropyl alcohol and a small paint brush and painted the succulent, stuck masking tape around the edge of the pot. In total caught around 13-14 mites. (I don't know why I count them.)

Did the alcohol thing twice. I didn't water the pot for a week (following advice I searched online that said to leave repotted succulents alone..?) Unfortunately the flowers that were trying to bloom dried out. (So sad)

So if you look at the picture, there are these dried brown patches around the joints of the succulent that had spider mites. Does this mean it's dying? What am I doing wrong? I gave both of them a bit of filtered water three days ago.

Comments (8)