SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luvmy3afhounds

Memorial Garden...I need your help!

luvmy3afhounds
14 years ago

Hi,

I haven't posted lately as I have been and am shell shocked. Kalei my 9 year old Afghan Hound died suddenly and unexpectedly of cancer in June. Meilissa my 15 year old Afghan Hound died this Friday....her poor old body just gave out. I planted a memorial garden for Kalei of existing plants I had in planters and bought new ones. It has butterfly bush, dwarf lilac, cone flower, petunia, dianthus, mums, three brugs and some other plants I can't think of. There is a tall angel statue in the middle of it. Now I need to make Meilissa's memorial garden and I am stumped and need your help for ideas. It is on the east side next to the brick of the house. I already have hydrangea, azalea, hosta, passion flower, lily of the valley, ferns, amsonia and more on that side. I am wanting something perennial and compact, possibly variegated that would stand out against all the green of the hydrangea that can take only morning sun. I am in zone 7. I would like to do a variety of plants as I did with Kalei's. I would love to hear any ideas that you may have.

Thanks,

Joyce

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus