SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
green_claws

elephant's food is drooping

15 years ago

I recently had one of my house plants identified for me on this forum. I had assumed this succulent would grow to be more bush-like, but since getting the name of it, i did some image searches and absolutely love the tree-like appearance! unfortunately, my plant seems to be very droopy and has a tendency to grow sideways. in the last month, i've moved it outside into full sunlight and it's growth has just exploded! probably atleast 3 inches in the last month. could it be the rapid growth that's causing it to sag? how do i encourage a stronger base? i was watering it 2 times a week but now that i know it's in the succulent family, i realize that's probably too much. would once or twice a month be better?

here's a picture of my plant:

{{gwi:558015}}

if pruning would be the best thing for stimulating trunk growth, can i use the same methods as are used for rooting jade plants from cuttings? any info on this lovely plant would be appreciated! i got it from walmart for less than a dollar when it was itty bitty, it didn't come with care info or species name so i'm afraid i've been putting it through much much misery the past few months. any help?

Comments (13)