SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wallydraigle

What should I do with this jade?

wallydraigle
13 years ago

I already have some idea. I just snipped and repotted this jade. I took all the old leaves off to try to get the stems to thicken up, but it's got all kinds of new leaves coming at all the cuts. This is how it looks right now.

{{gwi:547137}}

Here are some marks showing where I might cut. The pink, yellow, and orange cuts are no big deal. I might even wait a while and see how I like it without cutting. I really lucked out because there's a new branch forming inside the teal oval. But no matter what, part of that branch with the blue cut has to go, and I guess I should do that sooner rather than later.

{{gwi:547139}}

If I make the cut on my mark, I'd probably wire the branch and bend it down a little, and it would look something like this.

{{gwi:547142}}

I might even want to bend it down more than that, don't know. The "finsished" result in my mind would look something like this:

{{gwi:547144}}

And that's pretty cool looking, but maybe there's something else I could do with it instead? I think this piece has some nice potential, and I don't want to mess it up. This will be my first time trying to do something like this. What do you think?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm