SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bearstate

Long time since I was last here.

bearstate
9 years ago

Hi Folks,

Some of you might remember me, but I don't expect it. I haven't posted on this site in years as I have been struggling the post-2008 recession blues. They said go back to school and get a degree and so I did. I got (4) new degrees so far and am just one class, 4 units and a capstone from getting my Masters in Computer Science. Still suffering lack of work however.

I have been trying to be an Entrepreneur, but it isn't easy. Sheesh, why can't I just retire and just plant things in ground and give them water and sunshine? Because I'm not retirement age, not by a damn sight.

So I've created. I've created web properties, not plants from seeds, but web applications from my own inspirational and intellectual seeds. I've just published no less than four business, sports, real estate and social networking portal web properties and more is on the way. I have a total of seven now and they allow blogging, galleries, developing contacts and leads, international business galleries that support not just images, but also videos, audios and documents for things like annual reports, brochures, flyers, technical briefs and so on. The sites are simple interfaces with a lot of beefy features. Sorry, no garden portal, although I've thought about it. My next portal will be career and staffing related, but just a simple job and resume board.

My current plants (web properties) include

AVenuesPlus: (Art Venues Plus) Art Community
Baelos: International Business Registry
SinglePlanetProperties: Real Estate and Land Investment
Web Hawker: Market and Trade Portal for Products/Services
WorldSportsFan Club: Sports, Athletics and Fitness
Circa Nova: General Social Networking
Veterans Assembly: Military and Veterans Portal

Life was so simple when I was free to garden. But I haven't had dirt under my fingernails in so long a time that I can't even remember how to germinate a palm seed.

Anyway, Hello. I just did midterms and finished updating my web properties and have a moment to breathe and reminisce.

Brian aka. BearState

Comments (4)