SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
central_cali369

First heavy flush! (pics)

Central_Cali369
15 years ago

With this heat, all of the extra watering and fertilizing has payed off. All of my brugs are exploding with buds. Here are a couple of pics:

{{gwi:496927}}

{{gwi:496929}}

{{gwi:496931}}

{{gwi:496933}}

And here are a couple of other pics from around my place.

Asclepias curassavica

{{gwi:504386}}

stephanotis floribunda (Madagascar Jasmine)- This is probably the sweetest jasmine i've smelled.

{{gwi:504388}}

Mixed Cannas

{{gwi:504391}}

Salmon Cannas

{{gwi:504394}}

Unknown roses

{{gwi:504396}}

Impatiens Balsamina "tree". I wonder if these could be trained as a perennial bonsai? I'm tempted to try.

{{gwi:504398}}

Tibouchina Urvilleana (Princess Flower). These really dislike our heat, but with the smoke cover in the sky, the flowers are able to stay open for a couple of days each. The best flowering occurs in the fall when temperatures are cool.

{{gwi:504400}}

{{gwi:504402}}

Erythrina Crista-galii flower buds. This is the first time it will bloom. I grew these from seed.

{{gwi:504404}}

Two more Agave Desmettiana Variegata that i found at the local dollar store.

{{gwi:504406}}

My two cockatiels are finally outside of their nesting box. They have a couple of eggs so they rarely come out.

{{gwi:504408}}

Mirabilis Jalapa broken colors

{{gwi:504410}}

And finally a couple of canna "wyoming" I like the bold, almost-black color of the leaves.

{{gwi:504415}}

On a side note: last Saturday there were lightning storms across central and northern Cal, and lightning alone started over 800 fires! some were small and quickly contained, but there are several large ones. Our air is full of smoke and the sky is a dull gray color. It's been opaque and smokey outside for the last three days, and if you step outside it smells like a campfire and the smell sticks to your clothes and your hair....it's bad. It makes wonderful sunsets though, with bright pinks, purples and oranges. Look at the background in some of the photos above. The last one of the canna "wyoming" and some of the pics of the brugs show the purple sky, well, all of that is smoke. It's a thick layer covering our whole valley.

Comments (12)