SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
audreye_gw

Counting My Blessings

audreye
17 years ago

I have a beautiful 5 foot frosty pink brugmansia which I purchased from a seller on Ebay a year ago. When I received the small cutting, which was about 8" tall at the time, I replanted into a larger pot and placed on my deck at the back of the house for the summer last year. It grew and grew to over 5 feet tall and loaded with blossoms. What a wonderful smell and a truly beautiful plant. In the fall I hauled it into the house as our winters in Ontario can be brutal.

It sat in my upstairs hallway all winter looking like dead sticks hahahaha, with just a little water to keep it from drying out and then in March it burst into active growth. Because it was still too cold to place outside I did a little pruning and started to water and fertilize mildly holding off for the weather to warm up.

Well now it absolutely beautiful again and is blooming constantly. Loaded with buds and is so healthy. I am really debating now whether to expose it to the pests and storms of summer it is so nice.

I really think it likes its location, I have a huge window that faces west into my hallway and it receives the afternoon sunshine even though it is back about 8 feet from the window. It appears so happy, what to do, what to do? Can I keep it successfully in the house?

Audrey

Comments (4)