SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cupcakebiswas

Transplanted my 3' Brug to bigger pot-- Please Help

cupcakebiswas
14 years ago

I lost my entire original post, so I am going to have to make this one very brief!

I am new to Texas, and new to Brugmansia and also new to Gardenweb. I've learned a lot from you all before my first post. Thanks for sharing.

I bought a brug in a one-gallon pot. It's tag says 'Pink'. Today I bought a deep, 22" wide fiberglass pot. I enthusiastically shook the old dirt out of the rootball, and tore some of the old, stringy roots away. I planted Pink in MG potting soil, mulched it with Eucalyptus mulch and watered it very well.

Then I came inside and read on the internet that Brugs don't like to have their root ball messed with. Is this true? Even if it was for its own good? It was severely rootbound in it's gallon pot. I really thought I was doing it a favor. I don't think I went too crazy on it, just wanted to loosen it up and let its hair down.

Did I mess up? Where do we go from here? It's on my covered patio, where it can recieve as much or as little sun as I want it to (I have it semi-shaded). Is it going to be ok?

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Integrity Woodworking Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry Professionals