SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sagebrush36

When will adenium come out of dormancy?

sagebrush36
13 years ago

Hi,

I planted some adenium arabicum seeds last September. One sprouted, had a small trunk and a few leaves and then winter came and dormancy. It kept one single solitary leaf until about December. I also planted a grizzly bear opuntia seed in the same pot which also sprouted.

I keep the pot in an unheated bedroom, south exposure and watered very sparingly, like a spritz, once a month.

The opuntia is still green, looks good. The adenium, lost all its (one) leaf and that's what is happening now. The stem seems firm to the touch, so I don't think it is rot.

Here in China, spring usually means rain, so cloudy, overcast days are the norm. But this spring, things seem to be sunnier than most. We went from the 50s to a high of 79, with 70 being about normal. But there is no sign of life from the adenium yet.

I traveled last weekend to Jingdezhen, the home of Chinese porcelain and have bought a lovely pot for this plant that I won't to transplant it to, but I am waiting for some signs of life. Am I being impatient? How long should I wait?

Thanks

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz