SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kat58_gw

Aphids and Ants Among Other Things

kat58
16 years ago

I have already spotted aphids on my rose bushes as well as ants in the yard. Last year besides my roses, my Rose of Sharon and Crape Myrtle trees were infested with ants and aphids. I want to try and nip this in the bud early and am looking for natural ways to get rid of these pests that won't harm my plants or my pets. I read somewhere that spreading laundry soap and soaking it in will get rid of ants but I am concerned if this will harm the plants.

My roses also had a white powder on them as well as orange rust and black spot so I had cut them way down removing all diseased stems and leaves. They are now coming back but I am noticing the white powder again on some of the leaves and buds.

I have also started noticing the brown moths flying around the yard,I had a horrible infestation of them last year and their worms, should I start spray BT now?

Also I have been noticing these little white bugs flying and hovering around the yard, are these white flies or something else?

Lastly my Potato bush was doing well until a few days ago, now it looks wilted and the leavings are falling off. The headaches are already starting!

Comments (9)