SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mwood322

Sick Succulents and Aloe

mwood322
17 years ago

I'll admit it I fall for those tiny little succulents in 1 inch pots at plant shows every year, then any resembling aloes promptly die or waste away on me, while anything in the Crassulaceae family does fine and spreads all over. I've slowly killed some others, and now I found a place to ask about the ailing things before they croak.

Here Goes

1. Crown of Thorns, Euphoria sp.

Drops all leaves except a few at the top, flowers a bit, but not much, very thin, too little water, too much, too much light?

Crown of Thorns Pic

2. Tiger Aloe, Aloe zanzibarica

Tall thin growth even when under light, not fat like when purchased. It's gotten slightly better now that is resprouted from the bottoma dn I chopped the crappy spindly top growth. It appears to fill it's pot with roots, isn't loose at all anyway. Same questions, water, light, which would cause this type of growth?

Tiger Aloe Pic 1

Tiger Aloe Pic 2

3. Unknown Aloe type

Again, very skinny growth, kind of leggy. Roots fill almost entire pot, so doesn't seem to be a too large pot issue...

Aloe Pic 1

Aloe Pic 2

4. Label Lost Succulent

Another dessicated looking plant with almost zero growth, though I expect potting up is what did this one in. It doesn't pull out of the pot easily though as if it's died, so it seems to be hanging on.

Unknown Succulent 1

Unknown Succulent 2

5. Jade Plant, Crassula portace?

These ones are actually a potting question, if the roots are growing out of the pot is it time to pot up? I really love these guys and don't want to mess them up. I think overall they look very happy, but am unsure about repotting yet...

Jade Plants Group

6. New Plants

I just got suckered into a new cactus, which i almost always kill, and another aloe type succulent. I'd love if someone had ideas on care that will keep these ones alive. They were from one of those cactus assortments at a big box store.

Plants to ID

Thank You for any and all information, sorry for the very long first post.

--Mia

Comments (10)