SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rivkadr

Aeonium Arboreum Zwartkop Questions

rivkadr
17 years ago

I have a couple of quick questions about our Aeonium Zwartkop -- we planted it in an outside planter a little less than a year ago, with a few other succulents. They've all been doing okay, but the Zwartkop has a couple of issues:

1) It has constant aphid problems. What's my best bet to deal with these? I've been using a mixture of soap and water recommended on here, and it has helped some, but I want to make sure that there isn't something better I shouldn't be using.

2) Over the past couple of months, the middle "trunk/flowering" piece has grown exponentially. It's almost doubled in sized. So you've got the black/purple rosettes on the body of the tree, and then extending two feet above is this long skinny phallic thing with a cluster of flowers on top. Is this normal? None of the pictures of Zwartkops that I've seen look like this. I'm glad that my succulent is happy to see me, but is it going to look like this indefinitely? ;)

Forgive me if these are stupid questions, but I'm a new succulent owner (heck, I'm new to plant owning).

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting