SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pyralis42

Artificial Lighting

succulentlover
17 years ago

Hello. I currently have a 48" two tube strip light and am looking to get a 48" four tube strip light. I am looking at one by a company called Sunleaves, specifically thier Pioneer IV. I was wondering if anyone has had experience with this company and thier products, http://www.sunleaves.com/detail.asp?sku=SPG104.

Also, they carry two different kinds of bulbs, grow and bloom. What would be the best four bulb combo? This is what they say about thier bulbs, "Each four-foot, 54W bloom tube produces 4400 lumens at a color temp of 2900 K while each four-foot, 54W grow tube produces 4200 lumens at a color temp of 5000 K." I was originally thinking two of each, but wanted to see what some of you profesionals think ^^

Lastly, I also order some mixed Mamillaria and Echinocereus seeds. I decided to finally give growing from seed a try. I would assume that the grow bulbs are what I would need for the seeds. I am going to use the two tube strip for the seeds, so it would be either two grow bulbs or one grow and one bloom.

Thank you so much in advance

Ross Wexler

Comments (12)