SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stellagord_gw

Toronto West Spring Swap - now May 29th!

stellagord
19 years ago

Everyone's invited to the Toronto West (Etobicoke) Spring Plant Swap! The new date is May 29th (morning)!

Bring your plants, divisions, rooted cuttings, gardening magazines, tools, soil, pine needles... to trade for others' items that you're interested in. Last year, we pre-arranged some plant swaps before the swap date, to put dibs on very-wanted items. Only rule is NO SALES of any kind.

The location is the same as last year's -- at the QEW and Islington.

Here's a map of the general location:

Here's a closer map:

(Parking lot behind Cambridge International College, at 35 Ourland Avenue in Etobicoke.)

I will have a lot of winter-sown seedlings that are already quite large in the greenhouse, and some divisions, along with more magazines, pots etc., although I don't have any exact lists yet!

Last Fall's swap was truly fantastic -- especially since I got most of the credit even though Sydseeds was the one who came up with the idea, LOL!!! We had tons of great trades... I'm still marveling at the plants I got. Looking forward to the spring swap!

Please post if you're interested... If it goes the way the Fall '04 one went, we'll all have our offerings posted, along with pre-trades, etc., all up before the actual swap day...

Oh, and the brand new Islington Nurseries WILL be open by that day -- a 5-minute drive from the Cambridge parking lot, ni case anyone is interested.

Sydseeds, see the peony thread -- I might have one you *might* like.

Comments (100)

• Mari11
    19 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Sorellina, Happy Birthday!
    Regarding your post: it's very easy to propagate currant (I've never grown blueberries, so don't know about them): take lower branch, press it to the ground and fix in this position (you can put stone on it), leaving it's distal end free. Keep soil moist.It will develop roots. In September separate this branch and replant it deeper.

About tomatoes: you can grow many varieties and collect their seeds. Tomato plant usually self-pollinates, pollen falls on the pistil within the same flower. Bees don't pollinate tomatoes. Cross-pollination occurs sometimes, but very seldom.Just don't plant different varieties together in one row. Make space between them at least 1-2m. To make sure you don't get only those rare cross-pollinated seeds, collect them from many fruits.
    I have some tomatoes which I brought from my country because I like them,so if you're interested, I'll bring them to swap.(BTW, I've grown them for 20 years and always collected seeds myself,and they still have all their characteristics).

• stellagord
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Sounds like 10 a.m. will be a good time...

Hello Mari! I will take some creeping jenny (is it the light or dark green?), and hostas (esp. non-variegated ones), if there is anything on my (soon-to-be-posted) list that you'd like! :)

Stella

• Related Discussions

Greensboro/High Point Spring Swap! May 5th 2007

Q

Comments (28)
    I have decided on some door prizes...... Came the farthest Newbiest gardener Been gardening the longest ..and a couple drawings which everyone can take part in. Nothing fancy but should be fun. I'm still potting up. Today I did a few houseplants, jade, philo, a weird aloe, and a couple other odds and ends. I have all the paper, plastic (plates, cups, napkins, plasticware) and ice covered. I'm also bringing chicken and some kind of salad or baked beans. Remember newbies, if you don't have any plants you can always bring food. You can also bring seeds, cuttings, garden mags or books, pots, yard art, buckets, or anything else you can think of that's garden related and you want rid of. Time to clean out the shed? Dawn and Bob, guessing game salvias are fine with me! Will plant and see what happens. Glad you're bringing guest, the more the merrier! Please bring some of your bird house gourds. I know my husband would love those! I have one of the old long handle dipping gourds hanging above my desk that I think Don's dad or maybe granddad grew. It's pretty cool!
    ...See More

GTA Central/East Tailgate Garden Swap May 22nd (Victoria Day)

Q

Comments (138)
    Ciao all, I hope everyone had a great day out in the garden today. I know it's a back to work day for most people, but my goodness, what glorious weather to be outside. Thanks to all of you for such interesting trades and also for your knowledge and wisdom regarding perennials. I have SO much to learn about them still, thanks for your patience in answering my newbie questions. Tristan grabbed some things from the middle circle which I have no clue regarding the names of the plants or what sort of care they need, so as soon as I'm able, I'm hoping to post some pictures of them for ID. I'm so excited about all the lilacs! They're small, but I know they'll fill that space nicely and I can't wait to discover what colours they turn out to be. I put the dahlias in full sun and just barely covered the root/tuber/rhizome thingies. I hope that's what they need. Tomatoes/eggplants/peppers/tomatillos/basil all got a full day outside and tomorrow will be their first major dose of full sun. I'm hoping to get them in the ground before the weekend. Duane finished 2 additional tomato beds as a birthday present for me and got all the 8' stakes in this morning. The soaker hoses are all in place and now it's just a matter of waiting a few days for the plants to get fully hardened off. Big hugs to all of you, I wish the weather had been more pleasant but it was still a very fun event and thanks again to sydseeds for organizing the swap and for everyone's wonderful enthusiasm and generosity. Get planting everyone!! Julianna
    ...See More

2007 WEST Tailgate Swap: Sunday May 27, 2007

Q

Comments (47)
    Hiya! Been so busy haven't had time to check this thread. Didn't get to arrange any trades with anyone. Hope I can bring stuff that people would want. I have stuff like: lavender mums, white bleeding heart, sundrops, variegated artemesia, geranium of unknown name, purple flowered lamium, some 2nd year echinacea seedlings and some seedlings I've grown this year. Well, if all goes okay and I have time after my daughter's b-day party will pot some things up, and come along tomorrow. Ciao for now, Trish
    ...See More

WANTED: Interest in Toronto West End Swap???

Q

Comments (31)
    DAILY UPDATES! OK, a small complication... turns out I have something happening in Thornhill for my daughter's school first thing in the morning. Funny how they never tell you these things 'till the last minute. Apparently, is NOT optional. :-( And then I have to work at noon, so I don't know if I'll be able to make it. :-((( Still, there are 5 yes's, even without me. Check back tomorrow night for a final tally. YES: ~ amcorrigan ~ Sorellina ~ Nadia_smiles ~ mari11 ~ Wildflower_2 NO: ~ Me - still have hostas; still want daylily... maybe a private swap? ~ jroot ~ Cherylnpickering Potentially YES but haven't heard back: :-( ~ Lana/Lanakolo ~ Violetta NOT SURE: ~ skraps ~ Bo/carsbrook? ~ Ninjakaren? ~ jroot?
    ...See More
  • Mari11
    19 years ago

Stellagord, I have light green creeping Jenny and non-variegated hosta which looks like "Sum and substance". I'm looking for well bloomimg perennials and some other stuff. Expecting to have fun!

• stellagord
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Mari, I would love your light green creeping Jenny and non-variegated hostas!!

There are still some perennials which hadn't "woken up" yet the last time I checked, but I know I have LOTS of stuff... Will post the list later today FOR SURE.

• scamp
    19 years ago

Hi Everyone.... I am a real newbie and I won't have many plants to swap but I will have "stuff" which I will bring. Empty pots, landscape material, grass seeds, weed and feed for the lawn, plant fertiliser etc.etc. I am coming mainly to get to know some of you and maybe establish close links so that I can start winter sowing at the end of this year and get advice via a phone call when I get into trouble. I really want to come - so please say it's o.k. even though I won't have any plants.

• Mari11
    19 years ago

Hi,Scamp, I'm also newbie and don't have much fancy plants, but I will bring what I have and hope to make few trades. You can be sure that you'll get any of my plants if you want them without anything in exchange. Just come and have fun!

• VeryVee
    19 years ago

I would love to come and join in, I'm a newbie too, aside from garden 'junk', all I have houseplants, any takers?

• peatpod
    19 years ago

Are we setting up trades prior to next weekend?? I havent noticed too many lists posted :o( Not even mine LOL .. Ive been so busy!!
    Laura

• scamp
    19 years ago

Hi Mari11 - thanks for your words of encouragement, they are really appreciated. I will be there with all my "stuff". I will compile a list this weekend and post it on this thread on Monday. Hope to meet you there. Char.

• jroot
    19 years ago

I got the day off, so I am definitely coming on May 29th at 10:00 a.m.

Since dahlia plants are so diverse, I thought I'd post some photos of the surplus dahlias that I have. All are approx 36" - 40". Under the photos is more info about the number available.

{{gwi:527586}}{{gwi:527588}}{{gwi:527589}}
    {{gwi:527591}}{{gwi:527592}}{{gwi:527593}}
    {{gwi:527594}}{{gwi:527595}}{{gwi:527596}}

Dahlia Name - Number available at this point

Berliner Kleene - 1

Eveline - 2

Fringed Star - 3

Pink Attraction - 2

Un-named Pink Cactus style - 1

Un-named Single Pink - 2

Un-named White Cactus style - 6

Un-named Yellow Pompom style - 8

Un-named Red cactus style - 2

• jroot
    19 years ago

By the way, these are all potted and growing.
    {{gwi:527597}}

• stellagord
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Jroot, I'd looooove to have your Berliner Keene dahlia if there's anything on my list that you would like!

Everyone who is having doubts about coming because of too few items... Come on out, bring whatever gardening-related stuff you have, and we'll have fun!!!

• stellagord
    Original Author
    19 years ago

By the way everyone, I now have a semi-updated trade list this afternoon -- please see "My Page", scroll waaaay down past the seed trade part, to the bottom...

A few of you have already arranged tentative trades with me (pending survival of the plants in question). I will sort out my "pre-trades" list and post this as well, hopefully later this evening. If anyone has contacted me about a possible trade and I didn't get back to you, please let me know -- I have been scrambling around like crazy lately and may have overlooked some things...

Still greatly looking forward to seeing you all!

• jroot
    19 years ago

Okay, Stella, it's yours. I'll put your name in the pot now.

If Dianna doesn't make it, I'd LOVE the Russian Sage. I'm also interested in the Delphinium. The ones planted last year did not make it. OR the Pink Peony poppy. I planted some, but they don't look too great.

Just out of curiosity, what colour is your oleander. I have the pink, and HAD the white, but it didn't develop the roots that were necessary to see it through the winter in my "light room".

Surprise me, Stella.

• stellagord
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Jroot, that's great -- thanks! I'll put a few delphs and the pink peony poppy aside for you. The Oleanders are all pink, I'm pretty sure. (They're from my parents, and I have a few "trees" that are all pink.)

• peatpod
    19 years ago

Jroot I believe the Oleander I have is white .. would you like me to bring a fresh cutting??

Laura

• jroot
    19 years ago

Sure, that would be wonderful. Thanks Laura.

• peatpod
    19 years ago

Here is a list of some of my WS seed babies that I have. With any luck I will be able to add how many of each I will have to trade.

Amaranthus - Love Lies Bleeding
    Amaranthus - Fat Spike
    Amaranthus - Unknown
    Amaranthus - Hot Bisquit
    Anagallis Blue
    Aquilegia "Black Barlow"
    Callistephus Chinensis Aster
    Castor Bean - Indoor
    Cerinthe "Yellow Candy"
    Cerinthe - Blue
    Chelone - Pink Turtlehead
    Clitoria Ternatea
    Cobaea Scandens Purple x1
    Datura - Mauve
    Datura - Tatula
    Digitalis Purpurea
    Dianthus - Arctic Fire
    Dianthus - Barbatus Rose
    Dianthus - Burgundy
    Dianthus Sooty
    Exocorda Macrantha - Pearl Bush
    Gaillardia
    Gaillardia - Burgundy
    Gaillardia - Goblin
    Gentiana Septemfida
    Geum
    Giant Blue Delephiuiums
    Hibiscus - Trinitonium
    Hosta Divisions - Verigated
    Hosta seedlings - appear to be small leaf green
    Jacobs ladder - Blue
    Lantana
    Lavatera - Barnsley Rose
    Lavatera "Mont Blanc"
    Lily of the valley - White
    Limnatres - Poached Egg Plant
    Lychnis Viscara
    Lychnis Alpina
    Malope Trifida
    Malva - Mystic Merlin
    Malva Sylvesters "Braveheart"
    Malva Zebrine
    Malva - Pink
    Malva - White
    Poppies - Mixed
    Poppies - Lavender / Green Apple / Pink/ Purple / Raspberry Blush / Purple shredded/ Double Pink / Laurens Grape
    Potentille - Ms Wilmot
    Rudbeckia Aslan
    Rudbeckia - Chim chimanee
    Rudbeckia - Marmalade
    Rudbeckia - Toto
    Salpiglosis
    Sedum
    Siberian Pea Shrub
    Stock - 10 Week & Evening scented
    Sweet William Burgundy
    Veronica Spicata Red Fox - ?? On survival
    Vigna - Snail Vine Lavender
    Brug seedling - White X Versicolor Peach 1 only
    Black Dragon coleus

I also have to composter .. which is in excellent condition. I wont bring it to the swap unless someone is willing to take it.
    I have cloth arm protectors
    1 small glass terarium
    Bubble wrap
    Nursery pots

Laura

• peatpod
    19 years ago

Oops almost forgot.
    Stella - can we set up a trade for your Trumpet Vine?? I would love that in my garden .. also do you have any Purple Emporor Sedum??

Laura

• Mari11
    19 years ago

Laura, how is your Begonia? I'm dreaming of the time when I can get it!

• dianne_51
    19 years ago

Hey!
    I'm coming so don't give away my rushan sage PLEASE....I just can't make it to the east one . Sorry I haven't had time to do my list yet . But will be this monday when I come home from my shopping spree in PA..Been very busy digging in my garden.
    I realy need a burning bush if anyone as one.
    Have a great weekend all.looks like a good one.

• sydseeds
    19 years ago

peatpod - if the green composter hasn't been spoken for can I put aside something in exchange - I'm off the computer until tuesday morning so I can I put dibs on it until I post my list then?

• dianne_51
    19 years ago

Plants I have to trade.

1.Ground cover (pink)(Yellow)

2.baby's Breath (white)

3.Geranium pink perennial

4.Forthseeyia Bush

5.Hens and chicks(Sempervivium )

6.stock(white)

7.Globe Thistle

8.Bleedings Heart(white)(pink)

9.snow-in-summer

10.sweet woodruff(white)

11.St John's wart

12.Hosta (frances William) all ones to sorry don't know name

Also have Japenise Maple cutting started not sure if they will take yet...

PLANTS I WOULD LIKE
    Brugmansia any colour plant or cutting
    Dahila's
    Shoo-fly
    kiss me over Garden gate
    Burning Bush
    Bear's Breches
    Bird house Gourds
    edleweiss
    climatis
    Delphiniums (white)
    Or any low growing plants for full sun.

• jroot
    18 years ago

Dianne,

I notice that you were interested in some dahlia. You can see what I have. They are the tall ones.

I note that you have some stock, and some babies breath, and some forsythia. Interested in arranging something?

• rosiebee
    18 years ago

Hi Everyone,
    I took a quick look at some of your lists and found all kinds of great plants that Id like to have! Please take a look at "My List" and let me know if we can trade. Ive decided to try veggies this year so if anyone has any plants that might do well in containers with only 5 hours of sun Id be happy to trade for those too. The kind folks over in the veggie forum suggested I might try lettuce, spinach, peas, beans or blueberries. Of course every year I try tomatoes with no luck, so maybe some one can recommend a reliable, high yielding, tasty variety that would be happy in a container with only 5 hours of sun?? Or maybe I should try the kind you stick in a bag and hang upside down?? I may be able to offer those a little more sun.

As for flowers I love lilies, clematis and hydrangea, but I like most plants so make me an offer! I dont have any hostas, so Id be happy to trade for some of those as well. Any trades/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Stella your crimson lilies sound nice, is there anything on my list you want?

Marli11 Ive discovered the names of my daylilies are Frans Hals and Cherry Cheeks can we trade daylilies?

Tomgyrl One can never have too many hardy geraniums and I dont have a maroon one. So, please check my list!

Sydseeds I potted a calla lily around the same time as you but still nothing.have yours started to grow?? If you have any left after the Oshawa swap, Id love to trade with you for some of those or any other lilies you have left.

RosieBee

• Mari11
    18 years ago

Hi,RosieBee, I'd like your Frans Hals (I have already Cherry Cheeks), which one of mine would you like (Country Melody or Going home)? I also have few hostas and would like to trade for your Coral bells and hardy geranium.

Is there anybody interested in named daylilies trade?

There is my list:
    Daylily "Country Melody"
    Daylily "Going Home"
    Ribbon grass "Picta"(invasive)
    Creeping Jenny
    Chive
    Mint
    Hostas (unknown)
    Lamium low-growing(unknown)
    House plants:
    Begonia Lucerna (Angel Wings)
    Jade
    Rhoeo
    Irish clover(Oxalis) green
    Euphorbia (?)
    Scindapsus (Devil's Ivy)
    Nephrolepis
    Cactus Mammillaria

• wendy2shoes
    18 years ago

Woo Hoo!!! Can't wait...should we have name tags? I'll be wearing the dandelions in my lapel...Fun Fun..(newbie excitement)!!!!

• Mari11
    18 years ago

Sydseeds, do you still want stones? I have a few, but I'll bring them only if someone wants them.

• rosiebee
    18 years ago

Mari11,
    Sounds good! I'll bring some Frans Hals daylily, hardy geranium and coral bells for you. Your daylily "Country Melody" is gorgeous! I'd love some of that and the hostas you mentioned.

This is so much fun!!!
    RosieBee

• peatpod
    18 years ago

I thought I had already posted this but here it goes again ..

Syd - the composter is yours ..

Jroot - I will bring you a variety pack of seedlings .. Delphs included .. as well as the oleander cutting. I hope in the fall to have some cuttings of my verigated Oleander if your interested. Its way too small to take cuttings from at this point.

Mari - The Begonias are putting out roots so I hope to pot them up this week .. they grow so damn easily :o) Let me know if you want that Rudbeckia.

Ok guys post your wish lists ..

Laura

• Anisten
    18 years ago

Count me in but I am a newbie too so I will come and meet the other newbies and hope for the best. I would like houseplants too. I almost feel like everything will be spoken for by the time we get there but I think there will be plenty since somebody mentioned left overs.

• jroot
    18 years ago

I still have some dahlia left. If they are not requested, I am considering donating them to the local garden club sale on the 28th. Anyone interested?

1 - Eveline
    2 - Fringed Star
    2 - Pink Attraction
    1 - un-named Pink cactus style - a beauty
    1 - un-named single pink
    6 - un-named white cactus style
    7 - un-named yellow pompom style
    2 - un-named red cactus style

• sydseeds
    18 years ago

Jroot - I'd love the single pink and/or the fringed star types - I got white and red today at the East swap and now I think I'm an addict! What can I swap you for - name your fav's and I'll see what I can beg, borrow or steal to make this a fair trade. I have an heirloom peony that came from my neighbours yard - it's from such an old plant that I can't remember if they come up pink or white - nice and healthy though, or some 2 year old delphiniums (can't remember if they were purple or blue with either black or white bee). Let me know.

I'll be back shortly to start listing what I've got potted up so far for other traders.

Peatpod - thanks for putting aside the composter for me - any chance I can get some canna's? And the little glass tererrium? Other than josephine (which i don't have) can I tempt you with a h.f. young? or julia correvon or another type? Let me know what else because I'm in for 3 different things from you and we haven't figured out what I can give you in exchange - give me a list and I'll round up what's in the yard! I do have some picotee blue but they are just seeds - too busy to sow them - can I set them aside for you?

Mari1 1 - yes - head sized and the flatter the better! Are there other things that aren't on your 'too short' want listing that I can swap for your rocks?

RosieBee - yes - I repotted into larger pots and although they haven't broken ground yet, they are full of roots (guess that dipping in mykes really helps) so I'll bring you some, and I'll set aside some lilies as well - my stash is low on them both but I'll put your name on them.

• jroot
    18 years ago

Sydseeds, I have set aside Fringed Star, and the single pink for you.

Also available, as of an hour ago, a small wooden keg ( 12 inch diameter x 18" length. My wife decided it had to go, but it does make for a unique "country style" plant stand.

• jroot
    18 years ago

Okay Ron & Diane, I've set aside one of each of: Eveline, fringed star, pink cactus, yellow pompon, & red cactus

Now the availability list is:
    1 - Fringed Star
    2 - Pink Attraction
    1 - un-named single pink
    6 - un-named white cactus style
    6 - un-named yellow pompom style
    1 - un-named red cactus style

and of course the small barrel.

• aray
    18 years ago

If anyone wants a great raspberry plant, I can dig some up. It's a really good raspberry, large and fast growing... let me know. I'll dig to order - just email me.

• dianne_51
    18 years ago

Thanks very much Jroot. looking forward to meeting you

• peatpod
    18 years ago

Jroot I wouldnt mind giving dahlias a try .. can we set something up for one of your Fringed Star and one of the red cactus style?? One of my old neighbours had them and they were the dinner plate ones .. oh how lovely they looked .. I could never believe the size of the blooms. I have some Evening stock as well as 10 week stock seedlings I can pot up for you.

Syd .. sorry to say that you will have to wait until the fall swap for some canna :o( But I will have tons in the fall .. and I mean tons .. I have already planted out most of them .. I might have one or two Robert Kemp left that I have yet to plant .. we can do a trade for those as I have tons. My only thing is that in the fall I didnt mark the rhizomes and many got mixed up .. rhizomes that I started as being red leafed are green .. so I cant say what they will actually be :o) I have alot of different types and need to figure out what is what .. hence my need to start them all indoors this spring .. but if you want to wait .. I will have more of a selection in the fall. The little glass tererrium is yours. I will wait to see your list of goodies before I make any decisions on what I would like.

• VeryVee
    18 years ago

Hi all, I'm totally looking forward to meeting all of you :)
    I've got house plants (check out my trade list) bags of leaves for any composters..etc and two really cute birdhouses ..lol I am totally new at this.
    I also have cuttings of yellow forsythia and white hydrangea, and i know it's not really garden junk but hamster food and a hamster wheel if anyone wants it...
    Let me know if any of this appeals...
    Oh and on my wish list, anything fragrant!
    Thanks,
    Vee

• sydseeds
    18 years ago

Here's our list of attendees so far:
    1. RosieBee
    2. RosieBee's buddy
    3. Peatpod
    4. Aray
    5. Stellagord
    6. Sydseeds
    7. Didzgarden (we hope)
    8. Jroot
    9. Dianne_51
    10.Wendy2shoes
    11.LanaKolo
    12.LanaKolo's buddy 'Rose'
    13.Wildflower_2
    14.Marli1 1
    15.Tomygyrll (and maybe a neighbour)
    16.Anisten
    17.Scamp
    18.VeryVee
    19.Sorellina

• rosiebee
    18 years ago

Hi Sydseeds,
    Please let me know what I can bring in exchange for the calla lily.
    Also, checked your list and saw a white Oriental Lily and Nikko Blue Hydrangea I would really really like if they are still available. Hopefully you can find some things on "My List" that you like. If you are interested I can also bring a hanging bird feeder (never used, picture below), a box of bone meal (only 2 scoops missing) or some head sized rocks.

I'm curious how you propagate your rose bushes. Can you layer roses too? My mom has a lot of rose bushes so I was thinking maybe I could have some ready for the fall swap. How long does it take for them to root?

RosieBee

{{gwi:527598}}

• jroot
    18 years ago

Laura,

I have set aside a red cactus style dahlia for you. Unfortunately, my remaining Fringed Star seems to have grown legs and disappeared in the night from my driveway. @#$%!

As of now, I still have 2 pink attractions, 6 white cactus style, 6 yellow pompom.

• sydseeds
    18 years ago

RosieBee - I can't take the birdfeeder as my 5 year old is actually highly allergic to the seedmixes in birdseed. I can take head sized rocks and that bonemeal in exchange for the stuff I'm bringing you - which I think are the calla's, nikko blue, and oriental lily.

I've had great success in not-layering but rooting the roses. Too bad I'm useless at growing roses overall. Here's an easy way - Clip a rose stem, remove all but top few leaves, dip in rooting hormone and put inside a sealed container with any old dirt at the bottom - sealed container to keep the humidity up - not in full sun - until rooted.

VeryVee - tell me more about your birdhouses and take a look at my 'have' listing....I'm hoping the birdhouses will find their way into my trunk while some of my stuff ends up in yours.

• sydseeds
    18 years ago

Diane_51: Anything on my list to exchange for your Hosta(Frances William)?
    Stellagord: Strawberries?
    Scamp: Your 'stuff' list looks great - can I tempt you with plants in exchange for some of your 'stuff'? (i.e. weed & feed, grass seed, under 1 gallon pots?)See my listing.

My list is totally updateed as of now...check it out if you haven't lately...

• tomgyrll
    18 years ago

Here's what I have:

pink flowering lamium
    purple flowering lamium
    yellow corydalis
    sweet woodruff
    yellow flowering ornamental strawberries (berries great for birds in fall/early winter, grow well in shade)
    pink/blue lungwort
    blue lupins
    1 chestnut tree seedling to a loving home! (this year's seedling - 8 inches high)
    summer savory
    chocolate mint
    1 plastic bird feeder, tower style, nothing fancy
    wood chip mulch (please bring a bag to trade or fill: I'll also take empty potting soil and other thick plastic or nylon feed bags)
    tomato seeds, asst varieties
    tomato seedlings, varied
    2 HUGE black plastic pots the approx size of a 1/2 barrel
    sunflower seedlings
    purple lunaria seedlings
    Himalayan impatiens seedlings
    Egyptian onions
    3 twig trellises about 2 1/2 foot tall

Here's what I'd like to trade for:
    pink flowering ornamental strawberries
    berry bushes/canes: red and white currants, black and red raspberries, gooseberries, etc.
    dahlias and cannas (not fussy - just some pretty ones for my mom's garden)
    lemon verbena
    ferns
    snowdrops
    daylillies
    flagstones
    styrofoam grape boxes (they're shallow w a similar size lid and about 2 ft x 2 1/2 ft, avail from grocery stores, I use as seedling trays in greenhouse)
    shop lights (need a couple more in greenhouse)

Susan

• peatpod
    18 years ago

Julianna - Do you still have some tomato seedlings?? I would love to get a few from you for my father. See if any of my WS seedlings are anything you would like to try. I dont grow vegies so you would be stuck with some floweres :o)

• lanakolo
    18 years ago

Hello there! Cant wait to meet you all! This is my first winter sowing year and it doesnt look like I was too successful. I am just second year in a house, after a whole life in appartment buildings, so not much to divide ether.
    Ill be bringing Yucca plant babies and from my winter sown babies:
    Heirloom yellow tomatoes
    Oxeye daisy
    Lobelia (Sapphire trailing/hanging baskets)
    California poppy
    Clear Orange Poppy
    Mixed Poppy
    Leucanthemum Superbum (Crazy Daisy)
    Lamarckiana Oenothera (evening primerose)
    Echinacea Purpurea (Purple Coneflower)
    Physalis Alkekengi (chinese Lantern)

I will also bring a few cuttings from my house plants.
    I know it is not much, so all I expect is to know you all and might be get some of jroots dahlias. The yellow pompon is the one I like the best, but any of them will do. I already planted a few dahlias, but they never seem to be enough
    Lana

• jroot
    18 years ago

Tomgyrll, as you can see I have a few dahlias that your mother may be interested in. ( tall white, yellow, or pink) I would be interested in some of your Himalayan impatiens seedlings. Let me know what you think would be fair.

• jroot
    18 years ago

LanaKolo, I can set aside a yellow pompom dahlia or two for you if you so desire. Let me know how many you wish.

A clump of lobelia might be nice, as I have not got any yet this year. .... or some yucca. Let me know what you think is fair.

• Mari11
    18 years ago

Hi, everybody,
    I'm a first time participant and I hope people will bring not only pre-arranged stuff, right?
    There is my "wish list" in case someone has extras:
    Tiarella (foamflower)-preferably with dark, spotted, divided leaves;
    heuchera;
    pulmonaria (lungwort);
    obedient plant -diff.colors;
    vinca minor with pink flowers;
    campanula glomerata;
    campanula latifolia;
    other blooming perennials.

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews