SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bellcanyonblonde

Introduction from Southern California

bellcanyonblonde
14 years ago

Considering I spend so much time gardening (and regularly seek advice from this forum) I figured it was time to post a proper introduction. I live on what can only be described as my dream property. We have three acres in Southern California, by Calabasas. It is in bloom all year. My yard is composed of different areas where I grow all different things. One area looks like the mountains with pine trees, boulders and beautiful wild flowers. Another area has a classic rose garden. I'm attempting my first vegetable garden this year with tomatoes, brocolli and cucumbers. I have lantana and bouganvilla everywhere. Fences covered with jasmine,and these vines with yellow flowers (I always forget the name). Lots of trees: sycamore, eucalyptus, olive and a couple citrus.

I've recently recruited my hubby to spend a little weekend time in the garden and we tend to focus on one area at a time (example- Valentine's Day we planted 2 climbing Joseph's Coat on either side of a garden arch.) I spent today planting a neglected area with euryops, variegated society garlic, fern leaf lavendar, allysum and violas. We're also lucky enough to have a never ending supply of aged manure (thanks to our horses). If you're in the area, you're welcome to some. Bring a shovel

Comments (4)