SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
puglvr1

My Desert Rose...Near Death Accident

puglvr1
14 years ago

I've had this DR for about 5 yrs? This winter with the extreme cold FL weather we've had it spent a lot of time in the garage. I won't bore you with all the details, but sometime in Feb. my DR had a near death experience involving my DH and the automatic garage door. Although it was purely an accident...it was not pretty...it took me this long to be able to talk about it,lol...I was very upset as you can imagine...I love this DR!

About one fifth of the branch broke off and DH tied it with some twine to try and "fuse" it back together...it didn't work. Eventually I had to break the piece off which left a huge hole. I added cinnamon as that is what I've read here for trying to fight off rot?

Any way it seems to be healing now appx. 8 weeks later. I just checked it and felt the whole area, there doesn't seem to be any soft spots...everything seems hard. Is there anything else I need to do for it or add? Thanks for any help and advise .

{{gwi:531700}}
March 27, 2010

{{gwi:531701}}

Taken today...from this angle you can't even tell but almost 1/5 of the back is completely bare :o(

{{gwi:531702}}

Taken today

{{gwi:531703}}

Comments (39)