SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hoosierquilt

citrus budwood order from ucr ccpp - anyone interested?

I just got approval to order budwood from UCR CCPP online, and I'm wondering if anyone is planning on ordering? I see that you have a minimum order of 12 budwoods per variety, with a grand total of 36 budwoods. So, that sounds like you can pick 3 varieties, getting 12 budwoods per variety. I am wondering if there is someone else planning on ordering, and maybe? we could split the order, so we can all get more varieties and maybe 2 or 3 budwoods per variety? This will be my first attempt at propagating, and will probably need some help from CRFG in N. San Diego county, and I saw all the excellent tutorials on the Citrus Growers Forum, which will be very helpful. So, any California members interested in pooling orders? I am planning on ordering Ugli tangelo and Xie Shan mandarin, and haven't decided on a 3rd variety, yet. And, I need to figure out what rootstock to order (probably? trifoliate) and from where. I will be putting up a little greenhouse (would love recommendations on a greenhouse for us in S. California, too) in the next month or two, so hopefully I'll have a nice place to put my grafted trees to take and grow.

Patty S.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz