SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alley_gw

could salt be the problem?

16 years ago

I just thought of something. A while ago I posted a question about what could be wrong with my brugs. I'm still not sure what is going on with the mottled leaves. I've used epson salts and the borax. They are watered and bug sprayed. I'm just waiting to see how that goes.

But, the burning edges (the second picture) has never really been addressed. I thought it was possibly too much sun (the edges look like someone took a lighter and ran it around the edge of the leaves, burning them and now they are crispy and curled). I got a nice big and healthy looking brug over the weekend and it's leaves now also have that look. I've been watering them with water that has a softener attached (it is attached to the whole house water system and we have had an issue with it--it wasn't working and then it got cleaned out and new salt added--could have too much, but it doesn't feel like it).

I read that you shouldn't water house plants with softened water because of the salt, so I use the reverse osmosis water. Would the same be true for my brugs? Would the salt burn the edges or is it just the sun like I originally thought (although I've been moving them to the shade.)

Also, while I'm here, how far apart from each other is good for isolation?

Here is a link that might be useful: first post with a picture

Comments (7)