SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tamgirl99

I'm an accidental QM mom!

tamgirl99
14 years ago

Today I was out back deadheading a few flowers and pulling a few weeds when I came across a small tree growing near a fence. I cut it down and then spotted a very large Question Mark cat hanging out next to it and two tiny ones on a couple of leaves. That's when I realized it must have been an elm tree that was growing (I know nothing about weeds/trees and they all look the same to me when they're that small).

I set up a container with some twigs and filled it with lots of the leaves I cut. I also took some of the other branches and put them in some water hoping they'll last long enough for these little guys. I cut a large hole in the middle of the lid and put some mesh fabric between it and the container so they can't get out but have lots of air and a place to hang if needed.

The one cat looks like he's about ready to pupate but the other two appear to have just hatched. Does anyone know what the length of their stages are? I'll need to go hunt down another elm depending on how long they remain as cats.

:)

Comments (4)

Sponsored