SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jimtnc

Camellias and Hydrangeas

jimtnc
18 years ago

I suppose I should have posted this thread here to start with, but I didn't. This is part of my wife's plan to add more color to our little area for more of the year than just spring.

I've already made a mistake by choosing Gardenias AND a bad planting spot (but got good help advice on these forums to correct. I had to dig up 2 Ligustrum's and transplant 2 Gardenias from foundation plantings and move the Gardenias to a more suitable place, so I thought I'd better ask for advice on the above mentioned flowers and sun/shade planting requirements before hand and maybe save myself some trouble. :)

I've already researched and read a little about both, and they seem to be good plants for my NC temperature region. I would like a plant size up to around 6' high and 6-8' wide. Don't know if that's what is a compact, dwarf, or whatever size category?

Is there anything that might help me be successful with these two plants? I'd be very appreciative if you can save me extra work this time. :) Thanks.

Comments (15)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES
More Discussions