SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nat_lia

How do you take care for these C&S?

nat_lia
15 years ago

I've just bought 3 C&S at Lowe's last night.

Pics from left to right:

@ Haworthia Cymbiforsis

@ Notocactus Uebelmannianus

@ Pleiospilos Nelii (Split Rock)

I've read some information about them online and also here but still have some questions to ask. First, Do I need to re-pot them immediately? the N. Uebelmannianus has almost wet soil, the Split Rock has outgrown from its pot/root bound.

Second, how to provide general care: propagation,light, watering: the information on website are different from one another) Split Rock will need as much as light possible with very little watering, how about H Cymbiforsis and Notocactus?: water sparingly or thoroughly? avoid wetting the foliage? filtered light, shade, bright light?

I've always water my C&S with spray bottle lightly (for cacti)and water when the soil is dry, without wetting the foliage, Am I doing the right thing? I'm sorry for the silly questions, I'm new to C&S.

Please share your trick and advise on how to take care of the C&S below. I do not want to end up killing them by overwatering,etc. Thanks a lot for your help :)

{{gwi:525796}}

Haworthia Cymbiforsis, Notocactus Uebelmannianus, Pleiospilos Nelii (Split Rock)

{{gwi:525797}}

wet soil

{{gwi:525798}}

root bound

Thanks,

bougainvillea

Comments (4)