SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daniellalell

OT what I did yesterday & today

daniellalell
16 years ago

Well, it was 70 yesterday and sunny! yay! So I was outside from 8:30 till 6:30pm..took down all the fencing & fence posts around the flower beds in the back, joined the 2 beds which had aprox 10x12' area in between them, maybe a lil more. Still have to dig that up. Put up more lattice, made a gate, raked up more leaves, put the posts and fencing back up joining my beds into one long bed. I noticed before that it now is a large boomerang shape, lol. Dug up lotsa dirt and got the small pond in. Sliced up my arm and a couple fingers real good on some glass that was in the ground. Nope I don't wear gloves, I can't stand 'em. I like to feel what I am doing. I don't care, I'll stick my hands in the manure without wearing gloves.

I thought I would be so tired and sleep so well. NO, I couldnt fall asleep..wiiide awake. 11:20pm dogs were going crazy cuz the nutso neighbor was hitting golf balls in his backyard using a flashlight? WTF? ..finally about 12 I conked out only to wake up at 2:30. I have been up since then. Why aren't I tired???

Today I went out at 8:30 or so raked some more, got some brugs & other plants off the back porch & out to the only shady protected area I have right now, dug up more dirt and got the 2nd pond in. Got the lotus tub situated behind where the 2 ponds will be joined by a lil frog log waterfall. Went to HD b4 picking up the kids to get tubing for pump $9, and good bacteria (which was $30!?! I realized I bought the wrong stuff & have to go back Monday, but at least DH was good about giving me the money I needed. I would have needed 4 bottles of what I mistakenly bought for it to be enuf). Then I get home with the kids to see DH had the puppy out with the garden gate open, and she had been digging in one of the dirt piles..well where do you think that dug up dirt went? into the ponds! lovely. At least they dont have water in them yet. She also dug into the lotus tub. Lotus is OK, she didnt touch it, but now the water is majorly murky. Then I see the cat go into the pile..o nice soft dirt here, I think I'll pee..hmmm so soft I think I'll come over here and take a dump. great.

Came in at 6..I'm still not tired, but want to sleep because I need to. My back is starting to ache from all that raking, digging, pulling up and pounding in of fence posts, stretching fencing..I cant take a hot bath, cuz hey..It's been nice outside who wants to be inside doing housework? not me..and I'm NOT cleaning the bathtub right now, lol. O & another thing, I did this all myself. No help what-so-ever. And that's how I like it, lol. No one to get in my way, no one to have to yell at.

OK..I havent really been on here cuz I have been so busy, so I had to make up for it with this long post, lol.

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Industry Leading General Contractors in Ohio