SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
akishel1

ID please, also help with curling leaves

akishel1
19 years ago

I recently purchased this brom. from a local florists. I am new with this plant and didn't realize when she told me it was a Bromeliad that it wasn't enough information. I am also having problems with curling leaves. I've read that it is either under or overwatering, but how do I know which? the leaves are curling on the ends as well as longways, on top of themselves. I use Reverse Osmosis water, so I am not worried about salt or other types of buildups. I do water the cup only when it is nearly dry, and mist them daily on leaves and soil. (Like the florist told me.) I am having a hard time with watering because I don't know how much is enough or too much. Also any help on IDing would be appreciated. One last thing, will the orange top open or change in any way? I have had the plant for 2 months and nothing yet. Thanks for any help.

Well, I've tried numerous ways to post my pics, and can't seem to figure it out. I'll try and describe, it has long leaves apprx. 2 in wide, mostly bright green, some are varigated and some have splotches of dark green. The center flower is aprox. 5 in. tall and skinny, bright orange. It almost looks like the tightly closed "petal" are braided. The leaves and flower are the same arrangement as a "silver vase" but the plant itself is smaller and the flower is as described. I have pic's I can email, which would be much easier to ID. Please email me and I'll send them back to you. Thank you again for any help.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor
More Discussions