SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
engshellyg

Butterfly Bush dieing

engshellyg
16 years ago

Hi

I read this forum pretty regularly but this is the first time I have decided to post and I hope the question I ask is OK, I couldn't find a similar situation doing a search.

I planted a Butterfly bush last year and it did pretty well. This spring it started to come back and then we had that bad cold snap which froze a lot of it except the middle. I trimed it way back and babied it along and it lived throughout the cold. I used a trick with the christmas lights and a sheet I read about on the forums.

Anyway, we have been receiving a lot of rain the past month but the bush was really starting to thrive, had lots of new growth and even a flower budding out. Now 2 days agao since we hadn't had any rain for a couple of days I checked it and it is dieing. The back half which seems very odd is all wilty. I checked it again today and it's looking much worse. I can't find any reason for it so wondering if anyone has any ideas. It's mulched with tree shreddings but has been the whole time. I'm just so sad as I saved it from the cold and now this unexplained problem. I was so hoping to have some butterflies visit this year since it was looking so nice.

Hope this wasn't too long but wanted to give enough detail. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Shelly

Comments (3)

Sponsored