SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ritaotay

Dieing Butterfly Bush

ritaotay
18 years ago

This year I decided to add another flower bed to cut back on the grass mowing.. I picked a corner of the yard that already had a lot of violets dispersed in the grass... lol Along the fence I have several Rose of Sharon and a raggedy Lilac tree. I moved 8 or 9 Day Lilly plants, a Bleeding Heart and planted some annuals. I also bought a small Butterfly bush from Home Depot. You know the ones for $5., they come in plastic baggie that's shoved in a tall box. Nothing special, I just wanted something to take up space to save me the work of cutting so much grass... LOL

It was doing just fine until I put some Miracle Grow ( properly diluted in water ) on it and a few days later it started to die on me. Everything else is doing great, except the Butterfly bush. The leaves are turning black.... It kinda looks as if someone sprayed it with weed killer but that seems impossible because it's hard to get at without damaging something else in the bed. We have been getting more than normal rain fall here but my other plants love it. ( most plants in my yard wilt from lack of water... LOL ) One 'branch' seems to be doing ok but the majority of the plant looks like it's a goner... Is there any hope for my new baby? Or did I mange to kill yet another weed plant?

Rita Otay

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville
More Discussions