SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mboston_gw

So far very disappointing...

mboston_gw
14 years ago

as far as butterflies go. I just looked over my records of when I first saw different species last year and when I had cats for each and I am very far behind last year's dates. I remember thinking last year was late getting the butterflies here but this year has been terrible.

We had a very dry winter and windy spring. May was good for rain, which is unusal, so I thought they would certainly start showing up. I am still just seeing singles, with the exception of Monarchs. I have raised a few of them. Normally my faithful Polydamas have shown up in multiples by now as well as the Gulf Frits and Eastern Blacks. Haven't seen the first EB yet. Sulphurs had been around for a while but the cats disappeared due to the wasps, I think. Now I'm not seeing the butterflies. And forget the ZLWs, none at all.

I am very disappointed. Seems every year is worse than the one before. I am so jealous when I read all the butterflies that you guys are seeing. I don't even check the forum daily or several times a day as I used to....

Thanks for listening.

Comments (11)

Sponsored