SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
catherinet11

I'm getting mad

catherinet
13 years ago

We live in the woods and I've never been able to grow anything outside our fence without something digging it up.

I've always thought it was raccoons.

In my fenced-in back yard with an inside dog that goes out alot, I've planted various perennials this year. I've covered them with a milk crate and bamboo stakes to hold them down. Well some animal has been pushing the milk crates over and has dug up a new poppy, a new firebird echinacea. The poppy is completely gone, but the echinacea I quickly replanted and I think it is stressed but hopefully will be okay. Tonight I went out and my new green jewel echinacea was probably dug up last night and laid in the hot sun all day. I'm so ticked off.

The echinacea that was dug up last night didn't have a cover on it because its been planted for about a month.

What's in that soil that comes with a plant that makes an animal want to dig it up? I even use gloves when I plant, to hide my scent.

What a bummer. These were unusual echinaceas and I'm not sure there's any more at the nursery.....besides being expensive.

What else can I do to keep this animal from digging these things up?

They've even dug up my pots of flowers that I hadn't even planted yet that were on the porch. Last year they didn't seem to bother things. But this year.....Grrrrrrr.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville